• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: Tepper frustated by the offense

BIGH2001

27 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Ben Johnson is going to have his pick of jobs this offseason

Tepper won't be able to offer him enough to turn down the potential of coaching Herbert or one of the teams with a pick to take a QB in the draft to coach this dumpster fire with a high school player sized QB.

Johnson grew up in Asheville and was a Panthers fan during the Delhomme years 

• Pie 2

As to the story, I read the full article. Here's what I got from it:

Her take seems to focus on Reich as the object of Tepper's concerns. Scott Fitterer is only mentioned as having hired Reich.

She says in passing there are some who feel the roster isn't right for the offense (it isn't) but seems to feel the roster is solid in other areas.

She adds that the feeling around the league is it's too early to say anything definitive about Bryce Young.

32 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

He's Josh McDaniels part 2

Never has gotten along with his players but was a great X's and O's coach who got results because of that.

Problem is that works for an OC when they're with a strong leader as a HC that the team will follow (such as Belichick, Reid, Rivera).  

It doesn't work when you are the HC, because then your players hate you and don't want to play for you and your abrasive style of coaching.

Nah, Josh B never had any success outside of New England under Belichick. I was hesitant on Bieniemy until this year. He’s legit to be doing this on a Rivera team and with a later round QB.

24 minutes ago, t96 said:

Nah, Josh B never had any success outside of New England under Belichick. I was hesitant on Bieniemy until this year. He’s legit to be doing this on a Rivera team and with a later round QB.

It's working because Rivera, for all his faults as a gameday coach, is a leader of men whose players love him.

There's a reason EB has never gotten that HC job, it's because he has a reputation around the league for not getting along with players, and GMs/Owners know that doesn't really work for most new HC's.

We need the right coach for Bryce, and EB aint it

Edited by tukafan21

28 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Johnson grew up in Asheville and was a Panthers fan during the Delhomme years 

If he wanted to be our coach, he'd have done it this past offseason when we had an opening and wanted him.

We're unequivocally worse right now and are saddled with a QB who is looking like a bust, why would he turn down the likely elite positions he's going to be offered for that if he turned us down in a better place last year?

• Pie 1

34 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Sad truth. Who would honestly want to come here?

That's the problem and it's what I've said for a couple weeks now as people have called for Frank's head.

We're stuck with Bryce as our starter next year, no question about it, but if he's still not good and we get a Top 5 pick again, we 100% can and will replace him.

That's why I just think we have to keep Reich around, we don't want to get stuck with sub par HC candidates because they're the only ones who will come here right now.  While at the same time, we also don't want to be the team that fires a HC 3 seasons in a row, so it's not like you can just say we'll replace the HC again after next season.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

That's the problem and it's what I've said for a couple weeks now as people have called for Frank's head.

We're stuck with Bryce as our starter next year, no question about it, but if he's still not good and we get a Top 5 pick again, we 100% can and will replace him.

That's why I just think we have to keep Reich around, we don't want to get stuck with sub par HC candidates because they're the only ones who will come here right now.  While at the same time, we also don't want to be the team that fires a HC 3 seasons in a row, so it's not like you can just say we'll replace the HC again after next season.

This makes the most sense probably. The most logical thing to do is just suck again in 2024 and then fire literally everyone after that season and bring in a new gm/coach and probably a new QB of their choosing with your first rounder if the team is still as bad as they were in 2023.

32 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

You're optimistic we have a 25' first? If Fitts isn't fired I think that pick is long gone this offseason. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, jb2288 said:

Line up Ben Johnson. Pay him whatever it takes Dave don’t f this up a third time 

We’re at a point where no decent coach will come here because of Tepper. Who in their right mind would want to have weekly meetings with a meddling owner while trying to get their team ready for the next game?

• Beer 1