• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A Hypothetical Question

methodtoll

Let's just say that, come season's end, that the Panthers part ways with Frank Reich and staff. Regardless who the GM is, y'all know that Tepper will have final say. So with that said, who do you think Tepper will choose as HC?

Before you answer this question, keep in mind that I am not asking who you want as HC but simply who you think Tepper will choose. 

And go...

Tepper inherited an old school traditional textbook HC

-his first hire was a 180 on that.  Risky and bold.  The collegiate HC hire

- then he course corrected to the extreme post Rhule.  He went 180 again but brought in even older and more traditional types. 

So….I’ll just repeat the pattern.  Another 180.   Which I don’t think is wrong.  The idea behind Matt Rhule was correct.  Rhule just wasn’t it.  I don’t know who it will be.  I predict young.  And unlike Rhule, NFL chops and inventive.   

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

He'll probably go after Ben Johnson again.

I will probably agree with you... I think that was his #1 target this off-season and will be this offseason but I know many are concerned that hey may not want to come here as dysfunctional as this FO is but then again, money talks!

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Tepper inherited an old school traditional textbook HC

-his first hire was a 180 on that.  Risky and bold.  The collegiate HC hire

- then he course corrected to the extreme post Rhule.  He went 180 again but brought in even older and more traditional types. 

So….I’ll just repeat the pattern.  Another 180.   Which I don’t think is wrong.  The idea behind Matt Rhule was correct.  Rhule just wasn’t it.  I don’t know who it will be.  I predict young.  And unlike Rhule, NFL chops and inventive.   

I've said this in a few other threads but apparently Kellen Moore really impressed them so much that they didn't let him leave Charlotte for a second interview... Would not surprise me at all if Tepper went that route.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, methodtoll said:

I've said this in a few other threads but apparently Kellen Moore really impressed them so much that they didn't let him leave Charlotte for a second interview... Would not surprise me at all if Tepper went that route.

I'd agree that's possible.

Johnson is more impressive than Moore though (more experienced, too)

If Tepper is smart (Jury is out on that) he will chose Ben Johnson, Detroit Lions offensive coordinator

Johnson is the hottest name on the market. With experience for the Miami Dolphins and Detroit Lions, he's been an offensive coordinator since last season and became one of the brightest minds in football.

He chose to stay in Detroit despite generating head coaching interest in the past cycle, but it probably won't be the case again in 2024, especially if Tepper throws lots of money t him.

• Pie 2

Here's another name that may fly under the radar: Brian Callahan (offensive Coordinator for the Bengals) 

He is a vital part of Joe Borrow's development so would not surprise me at all if Tepper is "impressed" enough to get an interview and could also be a influence to getting Tee Higgins.

• Pie 2

This is why I am not so sure that Reich gets let go. Bryce is a system QB, he thrives in a WCO/Spread which is what Frank and Brown have experience in. 

Somebody like say “Ben Johnson” or “Random OC” wouldn’t just fit. It would need to be somebody out of Reid, Pederson, McVay coaching trees or similar. 

One thing I have thought about is if Reich is let go, Tepper could just put a DC type in that role and go get a guy like Bill O’ Brien if Belichick retires or a guy like Eric Bienemy who has tons of experience in this offense should Rivera’s team be fired.

• Pie 1