• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dancing with The Devil

Mr. Scot

We need to add a new non-negotiable to our next coaching hire. 

Last year it was, are you a college coach? Then it's a no.

This year it needs to be, have you been relieved from your coaching duties? Then it's a no.

The Panthers need a young, up-and-coming, innovative and untarnished coach to take the reigns.

• Pie 1

They will end up with a cast off which is what they deserve given the situation, hell that is what Frank was. Given the FO shortcomings, the level of talent , the changes needed to the roster to build what they are talking about and the way the team is run coaching wise it's going to be another mess. And that isn't even taking into account for the Teppers input.

I hope it's at least entertaining so hire anyone named so far and I'm not sure what really changes big picture. Even doing a great HC hire, lol I know, and it's the same owner and FO so how would that really ever succeed? 

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

They will end up with a cast off which is what they deserve given the situation, hell that is what Frank was. Given the FO shortcomings, the level of talent , the changes needed to the roster to build what they are talking about and the way the team is run coaching wise it's going to be another mess. And that isn't even taking into account for the Teppers input.

I hope it's at least entertaining so hire anyone named so far and I'm not sure what really changes big picture. Even doing a great HC hire, lol I know, and it's the same owner and FO so how would that really ever succeed? 

There's a lot worse things than castoffs.

Plenty of good coordinators and assistants get picked up because their last boss was fired.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

There's a lot worse things than castoffs.

Plenty of good coordinators and assistants get picked up because their last boss was fired.

Not when they are being brought into save the idiots from themselves. If this was a functional and just mediocre team I would absolutely agree. In this case it's comical to me. 

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Not when they are being brought into save the idiots from themselves. If this was a functional and just mediocre team I would absolutely agree. In this case it's comical to me. 

Well, I think everybody agrees that something is going to change this offseason. General thought is that it won't be wholesale.

So basically, you have to make the effort. Who knows? Maybe you get it right.

Or maybe you make it worse, but either way...

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'll give Dorsey one thing though...

So far, he's been tasked with running offenses that were managed by big, rocket armed gunslinger type quarterbacks. As a QB himself, Dorsey was way closer to Bryce Young than Josh Allen.

I know Greg Olsen believes heavily that Dorsey is a smart coach. I do kind of wonder what he might do with a quarterback closer to his own style.

Allen 6'5"   Dorsey 6'4"   Young 5'10"

51 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

Bill and McDaniels were carried by Brady end of discussion 

To a point. Breer is correct that he did also win with guys like Cassel and Brissett. Hell, even Mac Jones looked better when McDaniels was running their attack.

The man does know offense. I don't think anybody would deny that.

McDaniels to me is a lot like Hue Jackson. They're both really good offensive coordinators but terrible head coaches.

They also both have really...unusual personalities 😕