• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Frank back to calling plays

DJ feed me moore

28 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

You seriously throwing Minnesota and Miami in there acting like Bryce was the reason we scored those points? Bryce had like half a good quarter because the Miami defense was asleep (not to mention the run game was actually effective for once and forced the defense to have to be wary of it) and then did nothing the rest of the game. In the Vikings game, we had a pick 6 that was over half of the points we scored in the game + Bryce had a terrible fumble that gave the Vikings a TD. The defense (14) almost outscored the offense (20) in those 2 games. I promise you if Bryce was starting @ Seattle, we lose that game by easily 3+ TDs (and honestly probably by like 30) with how awful the defense was in the game.

Meanwhile, Dalton threw for almost 400 yards (without Corbett even being healthy) with Andy Dalton almost being our leading rusher that game and our defense giving up what felt like a billion yards. If the Seattle RZ offense weren't poo that game, we are talking about them scoring 50 to 60 points against us...

I don't see how Dalton's game is anything like the Vikings and Dolphins game, outside of our defense actually scoring points for us... 

If you want to keep giving Bryce reps because we feel like that will somehow magically make him better in the future, fine. Saying there was only a small drop off in offense between Bryce's last 2 games with Reice calling plays and Dalton's is just beyond stupid...

Edit:  And I mixed up the Vikings game with the Lions game. We literally had 7 points against the Detroit starters and were getting beat so badly they had their 3rd string in by the 4th Q... So sure, if we are proud of Bryce beating up on a 3rd string defense and getting 14 points in the 4th, I guess we should be happy

The Seattle game was 20-37 and Seattle played prevent with a banged up secondary.  Dalton threw his last TD to AT with 1:40 left it's also where a chunk of his yards came from (75 yard drive).  YPA tell the story more than total yards.  We threw it 58 times that game, unless you are wanting 5 YPA (which Bryce gets when he is playing terrible) then you better have over 300 yards. 6.22 is where Dalton landed that game.  

So if Young scores early the defense is asleep, if it's late it's because it's prevent defense?  Dalton's TD under the last 2 minutes while being down by 17 counts right, or was that prevent defense too?  I'm trying to take notes so I can follow...  At the end of the day the goal of the offense is to score points.  Young's TOs against Detroit are fair game but Miami still sits as is.  

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I mean in a West Coast offense short passes are what I'd expect.

The idea though is to have receivers that can take them and run with it.

We don't really have that.

Why did we have 6 20+ yard attempts with Damson in one game and I think only 14 in all of Bryce's games combined? Same receivers. Same offense. Yet a viable vertical element.

3 minutes ago, HeelsRule5023 said:

oh fug off you hated Bryce since the start.

go fug yourself you dumbass pos.

ban me I don't give a poo about this place anymore its a dumpster fire of morons like you.

There’s zero need to be this insulting on the internet. Especially on a football forum for a team with no back to back winning seasons ever. 

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

That's great (not really, obviously) but if you're still putting up comparable yards per attempt, and you threw a TD pass down by 17 with a minute left against backups and third-stringers, it ain't all that earth-shattering to me.

Don't get it twisted. I'm not arguing that Dalton is good. Hell, I think the opposite. 

Just now, Varking said:

It’s not just the yards, it’s the no interceptions. No fumbles. 58 pass attempts and only three sacks. He did so much to help the team without hurting it. And he’s been practicing and running with the backups all year up until that week. Could it have been ever better if he got all the reps Bryce was getting? Hard to say. 

He's also a 13-year veteran versus a rookie. But maybe experience is worthless, who knows.

I like Andy Dalton and was glad he signed here, but he's probably not the answer to this offense's woes, and it takes some wishful thinking to believe he is after getting out-scored 24-7 in the second half until he bagged a garbage-time TD.

I expected him to perform marginally better, and he performed marginally better. But only people who really don't like Bryce Young would say he looked a ton better. That same game from Young would elicit "empty yards, a blown coverage TD pass and a garbage time TD. Big deal"

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Don't get it twisted. I'm not arguing that Dalton is good. Hell, I think the opposite. 

I like Dalton. He's a more likable, less volatile Derek Anderson at this point. I just wasn't that impressed with what he did, either. But I respect that he just stood up and said, "give me some deeper pass plays, Frank."

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

He's also a 13-year veteran versus a rookie. But maybe experience is worthless, who knows.

I like Andy Dalton and was glad he signed here, but he's probably not the answer to this offense's woes, and it takes some wishful thinking to believe he is after getting out-scored 24-7 in the second half until he bagged a garbage-time TD.

I expected him to perform marginally better, and he performed marginally better. But only people who really don't like Bryce Young would say he looked a ton better. That same game from Young would elicit "empty yards, a blown coverage TD pass and a garbage time TD. Big deal"

He looked a ton better throwing the ball downfield.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Who's Damson?

I love how they keep bringing up that game but leave off the fact that Seattle has one of the worst secondaries in the NFL and had both starting CBs Out.  Oh and Cherry on top, they were in prevent zone a lot of the game.

dude as playing the DBs Matt Corral played against on Preseason while in soft zone

Edited by ncfan
  • Pie 2

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

The Seattle game was 20-37 and Seattle played prevent with a banged up secondary.  Dalton threw his last TD to AT with 1:40 left it's also where a chunk of his yards came from (75 yard drive).  YPA tell the story more than total yards.  We threw it 58 times that game, unless you are wanting 5 YPA (which Bryce gets when he is playing terrible) then you better have over 300 yards. 6.22 is where Dalton landed that game.  

So if Young scores early the defense is asleep, if it's late it's because it's prevent defense?  Dalton's TD under the last 2 minutes while being down by 17 counts right, or was that prevent defense too?  I'm trying to take notes so I can follow...  At the end of the day the goal of the offense is to score points.  Young's TOs against Detroit are fair game but Miami still sits as is.  

The irony is that Dalton's TDs had to come against Seattle's backups, bc their defense was dropping like flies but still making plays.