• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Frank back to calling plays

DJ feed me moore

Its hard to know if the current coaching staff is good or not.  Its only a few games into the first year.  Young seems extremely limited and hopefully not a bust but trending that way.  Assuming the GM decided to trade the 6th overall the 2024 1st overall a top 10 wr, several 2nds and 3rds for the number 1 overall that was far from a sure fire pic we need a new GM if the coach was on board with that we need a new coach also.  Hindsite is 5050 but its not looking good at all with no light at end of tunnel.  They will roll at least one more year with young no matter what.   this is a really good article kinda summing up all that is trending wrong with young 

https://www.sportsinfosolutions.com/2023/11/08/bryce-young-was-a-college-legend-but-hes-not-a-good-fit-for-the-pros/

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

It's really bad.  Someone made a comment to me the other day about Carolina acting like the Browns and my first thought was that would be an upgrade...

I'll go the 2000 era Lions.  That's what I consider us.  A do nothing team that lives in the top 10 pick world for a decade. 

23 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

He's also a 13-year veteran versus a rookie. But maybe experience is worthless, who knows.

I like Andy Dalton and was glad he signed here, but he's probably not the answer to this offense's woes, and it takes some wishful thinking to believe he is after getting out-scored 24-7 in the second half until he bagged a garbage-time TD.

I expected him to perform marginally better, and he performed marginally better. But only people who really don't like Bryce Young would say he looked a ton better. That same game from Young would elicit "empty yards, a blown coverage TD pass and a garbage time TD. Big deal"

Marginally better... You do realize that Bryce has pretty much single-handedly lost us 2, possibly 3 games (Falcons, Colts, possibly Vikings and Bears). As in, had we kneeled or punted the ball the entire game, we may have won.

Again, Dalton isn't good, but he looked light years better than Bryce his one game. And the types of mistakes Bryce are making is very worrisome combined with the fact that he has shown very few wow plays the entire season.

It’s super crazy how much dysfunction there is. 3 games, our only win, and it’s not like it was that different than the first 6 games. Frank gave Thomas the go and took it away in a bizarrely soon way. Brown got dirtied.

Pretty much assured us this is all going to collapse.

Onto the next regime.

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

It’s super crazy how much dysfunction there is. 3 games, our only win, and it’s not like it was that different than the first 6 games. Frank gave Thomas the go and took it away in a bizarrely soon way. Brown got dirtied.

Pretty much assured us this is all going to collapse.

Onto the next regime.

it's hard to believe there isn't some legit turmoil/problems behind the scenes.   Too many actions in a small window that don't make sense. 

Frank handing the playcalling to Brown never really made sense.  At least how he explained it didn't.  Frank claimed he somehow got the O in a good place and this was the plan.   

and now taking it away doesn't really make sense.  Brown has never even called a legit preseason game.   He was going to have bumps and have to learn.  And you somehow managed to win one of those games.   With a game winning drive.  I mean, they sucked.  But they sucked before.  

I think Frank has had a lot of unpleasant conversations.  I think Tepper has zero patience.  And Tepper saw last year here and around the league this year like with the Raiders, that sometimes, it's just your head coach, and you can change that pretty easy.  Problem is a finding a long term solution.  Maybe Tepper needs to start smaller.   Find someone that is just decent and respectable that can handle what you got.  We are back to frankly need a Rivera/Fox type.  We need someone to right this pooshow to just being a .500ish middle of the back org. 

• Pie 1