• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Frank Reich has talked to staff about his 'unknown job security'

TheSpecialJuan

36 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Oh, I agree. I doubt he was pulling rank on each and every roster call. Hell, he honestly probably rarely did.

Not to mention, Rhule was on a shorter leash and rumors last year were that Fitt did gain leverage in roster construction. Impossible to know how true it was though.

But with that being said, we proceeded to spend 5 picks on 3 guys no longer on the team in the 2022 draft. Yikes. 

And that’s a part of how you end up the worst team in the league.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Not to mention, Rhule was on a shorter leash and rumors last year were that Fitt did gain leverage in roster construction. Impossible to know how true it was though.

But with that being said, we proceeded to spend 5 picks on 3 guys no longer on the team in the 2022 draft. Yikes. 

And that’s a part of how you end up the worst team in the league.

I just don't see any rational, logical defense of the job Fitts has done. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's fair to point out that Fitts didn't have final roster say until this year. It's also fair to say that this year's roster building process looks eerily similar to what it did before he had final say on paper and that his highest paid FA RB and TE both look like straight trash to the point that they've lost their starting roles to former mid-round disappointments. So I'm honestly not sure why people want to give him another year to make more bad moves and dig an even deeper hole.

Honestly, I'll give him a pass on Bryce because I have a sneaking suspicion that was a Tepper call.

The most disturbing thing to me was the panic move to trade up for MC and DJ Johnson being almost identical. Fitts panicked during the draft and admitted to doing so. That tells me 2 very problematic things. 

1. He doesn't understand positional value with regards to picks and 

2. He can't feel the flow of the draft.

You need to be on the leading edge of positional runs, not the tail end. That's how you overpay and over draft players. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The burns fiasco and turning down the trade alone should get him canned.  

Burns, Corral > Howell, Bryce>Stroud, signing the highest paid FA RB and TE and they're both busts, this WR corps featuring two mid-level FAs and two of his 2nd round picks and it's trash.

Pick your reason. The dude is trash.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

35 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Burns, Corral > Howell, Bryce>Stroud, signing the highest paid FA RB and TE and they're both busts, this WR corps featuring two mid-level FAs and two of his 2nd round picks and it's trash.

Pick your reason. The dude is trash.

The worst part about a lot of these is they were called out when they happened. It's one thing to have hindsight once in a while, but when you look at it as a fan and the majority of the time, you were right, it's just frustrating and sickening. 

• Pie 3

43 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

The most disturbing thing to me was the panic move to trade up for MC and DJ Johnson being almost identical. Fitts panicked during the draft and admitted to doing so. That tells me 2 very problematic things. 

1. He doesn't understand positional value with regards to picks and 

2. He can't feel the flow of the draft.

You need to be on the leading edge of positional runs, not the tail end. That's how you overpay and over draft players. 

Yeah I agree here a lot.  Trading up to take a guy at the end of your Day-2 tier list, with positional tunnel vision, is not how you want to do it.  You shouldn't mortgage picks to move up for the last guy remaining in your EDGE grouping tier.  You trade up, "with conviction" (to steal their terminology), for the guy you really want.

Honestly, they should have just pounced on Tuli at 39 if they wanted an all-around EDGE to play day 1. 

Then, what you do, is trade up/or stay put at 93 for an offensive skill position player.  Josh Downs, Achane, Michael Wilson, Tyjae Spears, the talent was there.  Then, in keeping our second 4th rounder, could have still gotten great value around there with guys like Charlie Jones, Adebawore, Jay Ward, Tyler Scott, Abanikanda around that range.     

What's done is done, but that draft strategy after we took Bryce left a sour taste in my mouth.  Much like the year prior with Brandon Smith and Matt Corral.  

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

More from John...

SMH, he’s still blaming Rhule. You and others even said that Fitterer was given the keys in the 2022 offseason because Rhule was on the hot seat and was told to higher experienced NFL coaches. You can’t tell me a coach fired 5 games into the season and told to hire more experienced coaches was still in total control. The Matt Corral trade looked just like the other Post Rhule trades. Rhule didn’t turn down pick 15 for Moore only to toss him in a deal, Rhule didn’t trade CMC for basically a mid-2nd rounder and Rhule didn’t turn down the Burns franchise changing deal and not extend him. Saying Fitterer has only one off-season is CYA for a guy who despised Rhule and blamed him for everything only to see the guys he backed look worse. Don’t get me wrong, Rhule was just as wrong a guy but what’s one more season going to do besides let a GM and coach make all kinds of near term decisions for just 2024 to save their asses. Our roster has already been gutted by Fitterer and we don’t have the top pick in 2024 anyway.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Oh, I agree. I doubt he was pulling rank on each and every roster call. Hell, he honestly probably rarely did.

There's been a fair amount of reporting about it.

Vet QB decisions were all Rhule, with the exception of Darnold's fifth year option being Fitterer's call. Long term, Fitterer wanted to draft one, chose Corral largely because that's who McAdoo thought was the best choice.

The players with the Temple/Baylor connections were Rhule's picks. So was Thomas Fletcher. Someone recently mentioned he wanted to replace JJ Jansen because Jansen had a strong voice. Hadn't heard that one previously but it's not hard to believe.

Beyond that, scouting and such for deeper in the draft would have been Fitterer and the scouting department with guidance from Rhule. As with any front office, others played roles as well (Pat Stewart was said to have been helpful in getting Haason Reddick).

So basically, Rhule would have been the spearhead for most major decisions. Of course, reports were that it was. "collaborative" but Rhule's idea of collaboration was to basically badger people continuously until they saw things his way.

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The burns fiasco and turning down the trade alone should get him canned.  

I mean he didn't blink an eye trading our generational talent away but mister in on every deal doesn't have the capacity to know a deal...his nose is up teppers azz and thats the second most glaring problem in this org...hes chatin it up in boneskulls ear...