• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Frank Reich has talked to staff about his 'unknown job security'

TheSpecialJuan

National NFL reporter Cameron Wolfe joined Thursday’s episode of The Insiders and discussed Carolina’s latest power shift on offense. Reich, who handed over play-calling duties to offensive coordinator Thomas Brown a few weeks ago, has now reclaimed the responsibility after just three games.

“And talking with people in that Panthers building, Frank Reich has talked to people on his staff over the last few weeks about his unknown job security,” Wolfe said. “And I thought it was interesting to hear Reich say he wouldn’t be able to live with himself if he didn’t do everything in his power and in the team’s best interest over the last eight games.

“Look, there’s a lot of pressure here in Carolina, and I think there’s a lot of noteworthy context as well. Last year in Indianapolis, Reich made a midseason move to fire his offensive coordinator Marcus Brady and then a week later, Reich was let go. And Reich told reporters yesterday, ‘This isn’t about Thomas, it’s about me.’ And there’s a lot of truth there, from what I’ve been told.”

• Pie 7

I feel like this.. Frank had the connections to get the all star coaching staff.. Tepper lets him get it..thinks the risk of an unsuccessful first season are low and that’s what the fanbase and him needs at least…

and realizes Frank has the influence to get the personnel but can’t lead them/put them in the positions to be successful. Or..doesn’t have the football mind to win in todays league like Tepper thought he would have.

Im not mad at Frank for trying his best which I believe he is doing, I’m mad at whoever approved of everything that came with him at least right now. I’m not impulsive, I’ll wait but it doesn’t mean my interest and care hasn’t taken a huge hit.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 3

1 minute ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I mean the huddle hates Frank and wants him gone so can you fault Tepper for firing him? It’s literally damned if you do damned if you don’t but I also think Fitt is gone too.

I wouldn’t blame him at all but it would have made more sense firing him after the Bears loss.  We have no chance against Dallas anyways.  At this point might as well give him the rest of the year.  It’s cooked anyway.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

1 minute ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I mean the huddle hates Frank and wants him gone so can you fault Tepper for firing him? It’s literally damned if you do damned if you don’t but I also think Fitt is gone too.

I dont think the Huddle hates Frank. I hate this offense and the position his poor decisions have put us in. 200 years of NFL experience has made him and this staff stuck in their ways. 

• Pie 5

4 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I dont think the Huddle hates Frank. I hate this offense and the position his poor decisions have put us in. 200 years of NFL experience has made him and this staff stuck in their ways. 

Don’t get me wrong Frank hasn’t done anything to warrant hate like Rhule did, I guess the way I should have warranted it was Frank’s old ways.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Tepper starting from scratch is a nightmare scenario for me unless he brings in someone to help him out.

• Beer 3