• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pick 6 was 100% on Mingo

thebdawg

1 hour ago, OneBadCat said:

Didn’t look like it to me man. Throw should have been overtop Mingos left shoulder where only he can reach it.

Bryce hasn’t shown the velocity to drill a WR in stride. 

This right here. 1 yard up didn't make this a pick. It's the dead duck that was behind him. Drill him in stride where it needs to be, not bama anymore. Hell if Mingo doesn't drift and kept in stride it's further behind him and still a pick.

That was a clearly an outside the numbers throw that had to lead the receiver. The throw was behind so it lead the db into a pick. Sucks our 2x 1-1 QB did that but here we are. We turned this years 1-1 and next 1-1 plus a good receiver into Bryce, we are fugged for years as we have to see other top talent walk while we wait out a QB.

• Flames 1

11 minutes ago, thebdawg said:

Alright big guy I’m done explaining the nuance of route running to you. The crossing route probably hadn’t been invented when (if?) you played football. So I’ll give you a break. There are basics of running the route that prevent the disaster we saw today.

I know I was taught in college to always work back to the ball if possible. Always. Ran drills every day working on it. And always high point the ball with defenders around. Which meant you had to work back to the ball. 

2 hours ago, thebdawg said:

Call it coping, whatever y’all want, but this is terrible receiver play. Was the throw the right decision? Probably not. But it was a good throw. You absolutely, positively CAN NOT drift upfield on a shallow crosser. It is a cardinal sin.

Take a look at where Mingo is running while Bryce is throwing. Straight down the 25. Now note how he has drifted upfield to try to catch a ball at his chest that would’ve been at his outstretched arms, with his body between the defender in the ball.

He has now made it a longer throw, giving the defender more time to get to the ball, and opened the door wide open for him to undercut the ball. Oh, and then he stands there and watches while the guy takes it for 6.

AC61C23D-3A4E-4B08-804B-84E0A8C453A2.thumb.jpeg.7557846edf3443efb885944982815caf.jpeg

5777D35D-1650-4B02-9051-BB14107E703A.thumb.jpeg.25bc86138e378aedbbf92564c32ba507.jpeg

A weak late  throw was the main culprit.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Josh Allen just made this exact same pass but he was smart enough to loft it over the DB and use his aggression against him. Oh... and the receiver started drifting up the field.

Come on Linville...

Remember Josh Allen's rookie season. And the receiver ran a great route to get the DB on his heels. And he caught the ball with his hands on the 25, which is where he started the out route. He started to drift and then came back to the ball.

14 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

I know I was taught in college to always work back to the ball if possible. Always. Ran drills every day working on it. And always high point the ball with defenders around. Which meant you had to work back to the ball. 

You're not wrong, but the throw was still weak and in the wrong place. Both Mingo and Bryce share the failure.

9 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Come on Linville...

Remember Josh Allen's rookie season. And the receiver ran a great route to get the DB on his heels. And he caught the ball with his hands on the 25, which is where he started the out route. He started to drift and then came back to the ball.

Allen's rookie season is irrelevant. I'm talking only about these two specific plays. The DB was also on Mingo's heels in trailing position same is here. Both DBs jumped the route to go for the INT. Both receivers drifted slightly downfield. One QB anticipated this and lifted the ball over the DB leading his receiver downfield and the other threw a pick six. Bryce's throw in the Bills play would've also been a pick six.

At the end of the day most people would be able to look beyond the picks if he was actually pushing the ball downfield. But he finished the game with 4.2 yards per attempt.

He's bottom three in the league in YPA. The only QB's worse than him have less than half his number of starts.

And he now has the lowest QBR in the entire league. Worse than Tannehill Zach Wilson Pickett Daniel Jones Mac Jones and Desmond Ridder.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 2

11 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Come on Linville...

Josh Allen and Bryce Young couldn’t be more different.  Allen was a raw athletic freak with a low floor and high ceiling.  Young is the opposite of that.

1 minute ago, frankw said:

At the end of the day most people would be able to look beyond the picks if he was actually pushing the ball downfield. But he finished the game with 4.2 yards per attempt.

He's bottom three in the league in YPA. The only QB's worse than him have less than half his number of starts.

And he now has the lowest QBR in the entire league. Worse than Tannehill Zach Wilson Pickett Daniel Jones and Mac Jones and Desmond Ridder.

Now this I agree with. He does need to put it on his receivers to make plays. That's their jobs. Put it where it's supposed to be and let them go get it. That's their job. His job is to put it there. Receivers want a chance to make plays too. A guy like TMJ might be better if you put him in jump ball situations because of his height.