• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

15 year season ticket holder... I won't be renewing

TheBigKat

16 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

I "grew up" with the Panthers as a transplant from WV, rooted for the Steelers but picked them up when I moved here in 1997. I'm 41 now but remember being excited to afford nose bleed season tickets, then I upgraded to lower level end zones and for the past 4 years club seats. I never in the past minded bad seasons and would always go to the games. Today, I sold my tickets knowingly to a Cowboys fan, enjoyed sitting at home and watched RedZone and honestly thought how much more convenient and enjoyable this was. I have NEVER missed a home game if I am in town, never but today I just had no desire to go, at all. At the games I find myself playing on the phone, walking around, annoyed by the lack of great and exciting food options and an environment that's just about as entertaining as walking into Belk's department store.

I'll still follow the team, go to away games as a tradition with my boys to see different stadiums but I don't see any rhyme or reason to keep forking $7700 a year for a crap product and a team that has no soul or direction. I would say my sunk cost on being a fan of this team is over $200k between tickets, 2 Super Bowl trips, London game, etc. I'll still post on this board cause I like y'all but my "diehard fandom" days have been drained out of me. At least the Hornets while losers are lovable and entertaining losers, worthy of my $9k annual commitment. 

I don't have any short / near term optimism for this team. New Coach / GM, won't make a difference. There's an undeniable stench on Mint St and it starts and ends with David and Nicole Tepper, AKA Tepper Sports & Entertainment. It's apparent that he runs the Panthers and his dealings with city officials as if they are a hedge fund. While analytics may work amazing when picking some company to buy because of their PE ratio, it's not so amazing when you're picking Teddy B over Cam MVP Newton. It's not so amazing when you're relying on S2 and not your eyeballs in OSU / GA game watching Stroud dice up an NFL caliber defense in college.

Until Tepper$ remove themselves from trying to run the Panthers and not running the business of owning an NFL franchise this team will be perpetually doomed. Fire Reich / Fitterer, sure put those two boot lickers out of their misery but until Dave and Nicole buy a self reflection mirror and put the Carolina Panthers franchise first and not their ego to have to be involved in every decision we'll find ourselves in the same miserable predicament with whomever is our next jock sniffing coach and GM. 

Mr. and Mrs. Tepper, I am keenly aware you have social media assistants who peruse this board to get a finger on the pulse. I know I am a peon in the sea of season ticket holders but I hope that many of us end our financial commitment until meaningful change occurs. Mr. Tepper you of all people know as a money manager that sinking another penny into this franchise as a fan is a terrible investment.

Rest in POWER Mr. Richardson, miss you as an owner!

TheBigKat and LittleBigKats

IMG_3834.jpeg

Teri Anulewicz on X: "@stphnfwlr Seeing as how this dude ...

I had my PSLs for 16 years and gave mine up prior to last season.  I refused to sink my hard earned money into this train wreck any longer.  My wife had begged me for several years prior to give them up as we were going to fewer and fewer games, but I was stubborn.  Finally enough was enough and I didn't renew when Tepper brought back Rhule after two horrible seasons.

• Pie 6

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

I had my PSLs for 16 years and gave mine up prior to last season.  I refused to sink my hard earned money into this train wreck any longer.  My wife had begged me for several years prior to give them up as we were going to fewer and fewer games, but I was stubborn.  Finally enough was enough and I didn't renew when Tepper brought back Rhule after two horrible seasons.

I bet you don't regret it do you

1 minute ago, electro's horse said:

1995 here. Family name on the statues. 

dad and I decided today not to renew. There’s been talk of me taking them over but I don’t know how this team recovers moving forward with tepper here. 

you're a long time fan as well... this ownership group has really alienated the long time fans who stuck through many bad seasons

• Pie 3

I mean, unless you think we're becoming the Browns or something, ya gotta know that the misery ain't gonna last forever (not that we've ever been that great on a consistent basis anyway). Things have to look up at some point. 

It's been a terrible season for sure, and I wouldn't waste my money either. But if I could afford it without any strain on my pocketbook, I'd probably just look at it as a long vacation because it's an option that you may not be able to get back once things turn around, at least not at the price that you once paid. But, if you really don't care about having that option, then by all means keep your dough in your pocket and do like most of us, which is root from afar in the comfort of your own home and choose and pick whatever games that you want to go to without all the added responsibility (or problem, depending upon how you look at it).

• Pie 1