• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offseason FA!!

recceice

I wanted Tee but quickly realized it's not really a option. So I pivoted. Mooney and Gabe Davis are plan B. 

Two second tier guys can = one 1st tier right?  We need to completely revamp the WR room.  Another FA I hope we explore is adding a veteran OL guy. Jonah Williams could be our guy. Tee needing a new contract could help us get Jonah.   I don't know what is gonna happen with Burns.  I have doubts the FO even knows.  Heck the GM and HC might change. So... Backup plan if Burns  moves.  Two second tier pass rushers = one 1st tier pass rusher right?  

Lastly the guys who have earned a new contract need to stay.  Luvu is a priority. A few of the Corners filling in for glass horn have also earned a contract. Franklin and Hill are gamers.  Our off season plan should be very "money ball" no overpaying and adding multiple guys in positions of need. 

22 minutes ago, recceice said:

Here we go..

So you can understand..

The answer isn’t in this locker room.. And we aren’t getting CJ Stroud nor are we cutting BY.. So the only option is giving BY the best chance for success and it isn’t going to happen by sitting here and waiting on somebody to step up or Dreaming about drafting CJ..

Thaaaank youuuuu...

3 hours ago, recceice said:

image.thumb.png.7031853f5a61cd55ea6fd59286eecbe2.png

Who are you paying??

JMO Id grab 2 of these guys and a FA TE..

FA money would be spent on Offense… Draft defense..

image.png

image.png

Realistically 

1. Evan’s is older and looking for a big final pay day..  We can overpay and get him..

2. Whoever doesn’t get paid n Cincy between (Boyd and Higgins) .. It depends on how Cincy wants to build their team .. JMO Higgins wants to be paid and treated like a number 1 and Cincy already has 1 … Will they put that much money in 1 position is the question…

3. Mooney and Gabe are possibly because they look like they have fell out of favor with Their teams… They aren’t number 1’s but we have to do something…

4. Everybody else has a better chance at being retained..

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Keep in mind a lot of those guys will never make it to free agency.

We drool over free agent classes on an annual basis only to watch a pretty good number of them get re-signed.

This. 

First, their teams must not find a way to not extend them. 

Second, they must not get Franchise Tagged by their team.

Third, then we can negotiate with them. We have middle of the pack cap space... we can't just throw a bag at two guys on offense to get instant upgrades.

Fourth, even if we do WANT to throw them an overpay they still have to want to come here. They can likely field a competitive offer elsewhere.

Fifth, if we fire our coach why are they going to want to sign here with a brand new head coach and a second year QB who hasn't flashed much in year 1?

Like theres a lot of things at play here that likely signal us not getting a top WR from this class. 

2 hours ago, recceice said:

No you’re missing the point.. Burrows is better then any QB DJ has ever had.. 

Still doesn’t change the fact that DJ had more opportunities.. 

If the target share was similar then you have a point.. But the fact that DJ had way more opportunities to produce no matter who threw was playing QB and Higgins did the same numbers with less opportunities isn’t a glaring issue against Higgins.. It proves the point that he could be just as good as DJ no matter who is throwing him the ball..

No, you're still missing the point. But that's ok. Life goes on.

I think we need to address the Offensive line .. like getting a good to LT first , so icky can slide over to his natural position.. then look at WRs..also from what I am seeing on Reichs offensive history which I didn’t really know about.. I thought he was better than that!! He needs to go then Tepper needs to hand over the keys to his coaches!!!

Edited by DamnItJake!

37 minutes ago, DamnItJake! said:

I think we need to address the Offensive line .. like getting a good to LT first , so icky can slide over to his natural position.. then look at WRs..also from what I am seeing on Reichs offensive history which I didn’t really know about.. I thought he was better than that!! He needs to go then Tepper needs to hand over the keys to his coaches!!!

Totally disagree .. The Oline has been bad this year but they need healthy consistency from the players we have and more reps for the younger players.. Maybe even a scheme change to a power run scheme … But number 1 need is get Bryce some weapons.. 

1 hour ago, Varking said:

This. 

First, their teams must not find a way to not extend them. 

Second, they must not get Franchise Tagged by their team.

Third, then we can negotiate with them. We have middle of the pack cap space... we can't just throw a bag at two guys on offense to get instant upgrades.

Fourth, even if we do WANT to throw them an overpay they still have to want to come here. They can likely field a competitive offer elsewhere.

Fifth, if we fire our coach why are they going to want to sign here with a brand new head coach and a second year QB who hasn't flashed much in year 1?

Like theres a lot of things at play here that likely signal us not getting a top WR from this class. 

Depends on situation and lately Wr’s are hitting the market more often then back in the past… Wr’s are switching teams more then any other position and Wr’s are looking more for a big bag then a perfect situation… 

We got to stop with this attitude that we will never get unless this or that happens and start paying the price to compete in this league…

12 minutes ago, recceice said:

Depends on situation and lately Wr’s are hitting the market more often then back in the past… Wr’s are switching teams more then any other position and Wr’s are looking more for a big bag then a perfect situation… 

We got to stop with this attitude that we will never get unless this or that happens and start paying the price to compete in this league…

which high end wrs have hit the market in the past 4-5 years?