• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Call Your Shot 11/27/23 Edition: Who is the next HC of the Panthers?

Ricky Spanish

17 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

I like Ben Johnson, Waldron, and Frank Smith...all good candidates.  Unless it's a potential rockstar DC type, we're obviously going OC.   But who will it actually be? I'm gonna make an out-there prediction--

Thomas Brown somehow, some way, gets the offense producing TDs from here on out.  With some renewed trust, we pluck more from the Shan/McVay tree with some fresh perspective on that Rams SB staff.  This time, we're going full nepitism & a young offensive mind:

Wes Phillips

Thomas Brown sticks around with his old bud.  Do note--O'Connell wanted Brown in Minny. 

I really don't want another defensive guy as HC but Evero and Mike Macdonald (Ravens DC) are probably my only two exceptions

1 minute ago, jimfear said:

I think Tepp will push for Ben Johnson or Harbaugh and neither will be interested. As others have said, I think he'll end up hiring Frank Smith since he helped turn things around with Tua.

My fear, (besides the fact we're talking about David Tepper), is that we hire Belichick. I've seen multiple people push this, including Will Brinson who should know better. IMO Belichick is washed, and was only a product of Brady even in the good days.

Belichick wouldn't take the job.

7 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I'm betting Kellen Moore, former OC for the Cowboys, current OC of the Chargers, and finalist for the job this past offseason.

If Staley is retained in LA, I think we scoop him up. If not, I think they promote him to HC. He has extensive experience working under a meddling owner (Jerry Jones) so he probably won't blink, especially if we back the brinks truck up for him.

Who’s your pick of who you think it will be (not necessarily who you want it to be)?

Tepper is wooed by Rhule for a second stent. 

2 minutes ago, Thompcat said:

Kellen Moore impressed the Tepper's before, so it might be him.

Kellen Moore is one of the least experienced options out there.

Also probably worth mentioning that the Cowboys haven't missed a beat without him while the new team he went to is set to fire their head coach also.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, lightsout said:

Points per game isn't a good metric considering our offense is fuging useless and has given teams a short field the entirety of every game. The fact that they aren't dead last in opp. PPG is a statement in itself 

So what is a good metric?  Since points don’t  mean anything in a football game 

25 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Kellen Moore is one of the least experienced options out there.

Also probably worth mentioning that the Cowboys haven't missed a beat without him while the new team he went to is set to fire their head coach also.

Staley is going to get fired more because his defense is ass and he's the one calling plays than anything.