• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Call Your Shot 11/27/23 Edition: Who is the next HC of the Panthers?

Ricky Spanish

If one could dream I wish Tepper would back a couple of Brinks trucks to Ozzie Newsome's home and bring him aboard as the President of Football operations, hand him the keys to BoA and say "it's all yours Ozzie, do what needs to be done, I fugged it all up and I am going to let you and the people you bring in decide how to fix this poo show I created."

I know, it's a pipe dream....can't understand why Tepper can't see why he needs to stay out of the football ops and stick to his hedge funds.   Those billions built a big old ego......

I hope they go after one of the up and coming offensive coaches. Ben Johnson won’t go to the Panthers with better openings available. Brian Johnson ditto. I could see Ben Johnson taking over the Chargers and Brian Johnson to the Jets. The Bears might go after someone like Brian Johnson to develop Fields with big time playmakers like Marvin Harrison Jr available with their Panthers pick. 

Anyway I think Kellen Moore might be the guy. Sadly enough I don’t think the team would have flopped as hard if Tepper hired him over Reich. And we know DAMN well the team wouldn’t be this bad if he just kept Wilks. Whoever it is, it’s probably going to be another mess in a year. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, methodtoll said:

That would be one hell of a staff lol

You take on Slowik just to get an elite talent evaluator in Peters imo. Given their history in SF, it might be the perfect match.

Day has never been an OC, but has a decent track record with developing QBs. 

Saleh is just a pipe dream, but you never know.

18 hours ago, philw5289 said:

I have a feeling we’re going to interview lots of candidates then hire Lou anarumo

Lou anarumo has been growing on me quite a bit. I wouldn't hate the hire and it would mean that someone with actual football knowledge advised Tepper to hire him and Tepper listening to them instead of going with a splash hire or another retread. Ben Johnson is still the #1 choice though, and we should to everything in our power to get him to choose us over the other head coaching openings if he decides to leave the lions. 

• Pie 1

21 hours ago, methodtoll said:

If I was Tepper, I would look at a team that is a consistent playoff caliber team and grab one of their guys, particularly a offensive minded coach like Ben Johnson or Brian Johnson

Ben Johnson turned us down last year when the position was much more appealing. He's not coming.