• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I legit feel bad for Bryce

Dorian Gray

18 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Bryce is so lucky the Bears decided to make that trade instead of trading Fields instead.

If they traded Fields and took Bryce, him combined with how bad they are would have ended up with the Bears likely getting the #1 pick next year anyways.

If that happened, they'd Josh Rosen him and draft his replacement, while he gets shipped out for a 4th round pick to only bounce around a few team's practice squads before being out of the league entirely.

There is literally no other franchise, even the Bears, that would have had this dsyfunctional of an offense in place, I'm convinced.

It's never been this bad in Panthers history, even under Rhule or Seifert

• Pie 3

7 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

There is literally no other franchise, even the Bears, that would have had this dsyfunctional of an offense in place, I'm convinced.

It's never been this bad in Panthers history, even under Rhule or Seifert

Fair, but even in a functionally created offense, Bryce on this year's Bears minus Moore would still be awful.

Even if they were to get a different WR in a hypothetical trade of Fields, they're still 3-8 with Fields and that other guy they started, both WAY better than Bryce, they'd be getting the #1 pick all on their own if they had Bryce this year.

Getting drafted by a team who traded away the draft pick they would have used to replace him, extended his career as a starter to a second season instead of him being a 1 and done as a starter.

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 1

28 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

I'm all about realism.  A lot of this is just unmitigated trolling for trolling 

And trust me, I had to defend Cam from 2011-2013 on this very board, too.  

There is not one single person you will ever be able to point to who actually knows football who will tell you anything other than BY9 was the top-rated college QB for a reason, and that it's impossible to evaluate any QB under these conditions.

And that's simply not good enough for all the armchair GM's, hot-take artists, and trolls that have overwhelmed this place, but it's the truth.

That isn't "coping" or any of the other bullsh*t these trolls simp on about.  

It's about actual evaluation and not worthless hysteria.

A fair, even handed response.  Everyone here seems to remember the board being 100% supportive of Cam.  Not even close.  

The situation with Bryce is painful since it sure looks like we whiffed on the perennial Pro Bowl QB in this draft.  Kind of like the Bears taking Trubisky over Mahomes.  I hope it's not a 10 year setback like it was for them but it's 5 at best. 

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The money isn't the huge investment we made with Bryce. It's the draft capital.

No doubt.  CMC, Moore, 2 1sts and 2 2s for nothing.   Trust me I'm painfully aware.  

All that's left is to hope a new GM gets our 10 year QB answer at 1.1 in 25.  At least we're not paying Daniel Jones $40 mil per.  Small consolation 

1 hour ago, jb2288 said:

it is wild Igo just straight up left us. these "mods" and prominent posters are terrible. and yes im just setting myself up for that clown guy to reply cope or something 

Yeah.. Linville literally lives on this forum now to just scream "cope cope cope" to anyone who isn't ready to bash the hell out of young and to issue warnings. Igo's mods do not abide by the rules they enforce. This place is a poo show 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Seltzer said:

I'm all about realism.  A lot of this is just unmitigated trolling for trolling sake.

I'm cancelling my PSL's after 18 years.  I've invested plenty in this organization over the years and I'm fed up too.

I just also have watched a lot of football and know Bryce isn't nowhere as bad as these trolls want to make out.

I completely understand not blowing sunshine, but I also have zero patience with people who want to do nothing but constantly sh*t on things when they don't know what they're talking about.

You want to critique how this is the worst interior offensive line in franchise (and potentially NFL history) by the metrics?  No argument here

You want to critique how godawful this receiving group is?  No pushback there

You want to critique how pathetic this scheme & playcalling is?  Perfectly legit

You want to critique the one constant behind this failure in David Tepper?  I 10000% concur

You want to critique how Bryce's footwork has gotten off after being under constant pressure or he hasn't done enough to look guys off (which is a lot harder to do when you have no confidence your guys are getting open for anyone that's ever played)?  The film shows that.

You want to call Bryce a bust or not understand all the really good things he is doing in spite of the most dysfunctional offense I've ever seen?  Kiss my ass

And trust me, I had to defend Cam from 2011-2013 on this very board, too.  

There is not one single person you will ever be able to point to who actually knows football who will tell you anything other than BY9 was the top-rated college QB for a reason, and that it's impossible to evaluate any QB under these conditions.

And that's simply not good enough for all the armchair GM's, hot-take artists, and trolls that have overwhelmed this place, but it's the truth.

That isn't "coping" or any of the other bullsh*t these trolls simp on about.  

It's about actual evaluation and not worthless hysteria.

I can agree with the first half of your post.

Coaching OL and our receivers have at times let us down through the season. We can acknowledge that and also admit that Bryce Young has not looked the part compared to the other QB's from this class. Can that change? Sure. Do I want him to be a bust? Hell no I don't want to see us set back at least 2-3 more years.

On the Cam talk. We should not even connect the two right now there is simply no comparison. Cam Newton was a physical monster and came into the NFL a national champion and was rookie of the year in a lockout year where most fans here didn't think he would be able to grasp the playbook. Some of the same things said about him were said about CJ Stroud and both QB's clearly used that as motivation and went to work accordingly by setting NFL records.

Most people here want the same thing save for a few that probably want the team to be poo but there are people like that anywhere.

Now that we have fired Bryce Young's first head coach and QB coach in his first 11 games I think we should dispense with the hand wringing and coddling like we're his mommy and daddy. He's offically heading into coaching staff #2. We need to see some indisputable first overall pick play at some point in these remaining games regardless of the circumstances. If anyone doesn't feel that's fair well tough titty that's the NFL. I'm hoping Bryce responds to all this with some tenacity and fire in his belly and that's what I expect to see on Sunday.

• Pie 2