• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I legit feel bad for Bryce

Dorian Gray

5 minutes ago, NAS said:

Bryce has regressed.  He's no longer even throwing with anticipation or trusting the open windows.  

First part yes.  He has.  Especially his pocket presence.

Second part, absolutely not true.   He made several of those throws this past game.  Were you watching?    

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, NAS said:

Bryce has regressed.  He's no longer even throwing with anticipation or trusting the open windows.  

Agreed. 

My take is that he showed some improvement after the first couple games, where he was by no means great but also wasn’t awful. This is not to say he didn’t miss some reads or some throws, but he did show some indications he can play at a relatively high level. Not as many as you’d like, but they were there  

But as the offensive line’s performance somehow deteriorated from its already very poor level, he started to feel shell shocked. And from the Colts game on, he hasn’t been flashing those positive traits much at all. 

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, woahfraze said:

But as the offensive line’s performance somehow deteriorated from its already very poor level, he started to feel shell shocked. And from the Colts game on, he hasn’t been flashing those positive traits much at all. 

Agreed

2 minutes ago, Score Board said:

I think Bryce is a nice young man but our quarterback has to jump in the air just to make a screen pass. That is our quarterback 

We'd be laughing our asses off if it were any other team.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2

13 minutes ago, Score Board said:

I think Bryce is a nice young man but our quarterback has to jump in the air just to make a screen pass. That is our quarterback 

The only thing that comes to mind is "Corey Brown is a nice young man.  Philly catches the ball."

• Beer 1

18 minutes ago, BrianS said:

The only thing that comes to mind is "Corey Brown is a nice young man.  Philly catches the ball."

Here’s the sad thing about the 2023 Panthers. An argument could be made that he was a better receiver than anyone WR on the current roster with the exception of Adam Theilan.

19 hours ago, TN05 said:

They are purging anyone on the team not fully onboard for Bryce, if he doesn’t turn this around I can’t imagine what that would do to the guy.

I disagree with this take, I think they all liked Bryce. I just think they were Reich guys and this was an attempt to lesson “cooks in kitchen”

• Pie 1

31 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

Here’s the sad thing about the 2023 Panthers. An argument could be made that he was a better receiver than anyone WR on the current roster with the exception of Adam Theilan.

Idk. I still have that preseason game where he dropped like what seemed like 20 passes etched in my memory banks and it was one of the most uncomfortable scenes I've ever witnessed in a football game.

Edited by frankw

More positives about Bryce...I've been to many games this season (don't know why really)

Dude takes some vicious hits and gets right back up. Injuries haven't been a factor. Bryce's body is built like elastic and wirey where he can take hits and it doesn't phase him. That bodes well for his future.

Teammates like him. They are always patting his helmet and Bryce greets everyone at halftime and end of game. This was not the case for last year's QB's. 

I'm interested to see what Tabor, Caldwell and Brown do with Bryce the rest of the season. I think there's a good chance he starts running more and there's more misdirections and options and Bryce comes out and plays very well and shuts people up on the huddle. As much a chance as him not improving.

19 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Bryce has $25M guaranteed. I feel sorry for PSL holders.

If I was a PSL holder I'd be legit ready to literally whoop Tepper's ass.

Gotta suck to be a PSL holder right now. We aren’t going to be good next year or likely 2025. Too many things have to happen to even be competitive by 2026. Young has to vastly improve or we need to get lucky on a random pick at QB. We need to get really lucky on a new GM that has a couple of great drafts and get really lucky on a new coach. That’s a heck of a lot of luck to be competitive in 2026. No chance I’d be happy paying for that.