• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What will happen with Defensive Coordinator Evero? Also Chinn, Matos and Horn ACTIVATED…..

WarPanthers89

19 minutes ago, mickeye76 said:

Kinda confused why Evero was not made interim.  I bet he moves on quickly. So a new GM, DC, HC, etc will be our fate next year. A rebuild minus key picks yep.  

I think bc if he was to lead this team to a strong finish and didn't get the job... itd look like Wilks all over again. It's proven that Tepper wants an offensive  mind. Putting Tabor in at hc doesn't change much if he finishes  strong. 

• Pie 3

3 hours ago, mickeye76 said:

Kinda confused why Evero was not made interim.  I bet he moves on quickly. So a new GM, DC, HC, etc will be our fate next year. A rebuild minus key picks yep.  

wonder if he wasn't asked because he will likely be an HC candidate and therefore by leaving him at DC we can get the two 3rds if he leaves/we don't pick him for HC ?

NFL began awarding compensatory picks in 2020 to teams who lost a minority coach or top football executive to another team. The awarded teams are given third-round selections in each of the next two drafts or each of the next three drafts if two minority employees are hired  by another team.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

From Dianna Russini...

There are people on the current staff who believe Evero will have some head coach opportunities outside Carolina in a few weeks.

Between that and the news about Ben Johnson, it sounds like Evero might be prepped to make a run for the border 😕

Panthers would get a draft pick if he gets a HC job, right? I'm convinced that's the only reason Tepper hired two minority coordinators.

23 minutes ago, NcPsa10 said:

wonder if he wasn't asked because he will likely be an HC candidate and therefore by leaving him at DC we can get the two 3rds if he leaves/we don't pick him for HC ?

NFL began awarding compensatory picks in 2020 to teams who lost a minority coach or top football executive to another team. The awarded teams are given third-round selections in each of the next two drafts or each of the next three drafts if two minority employees are hired  by another team.

12 hours ago, mickeye76 said:

You mean the guy that turned down an interim role in a shitshow last year? 

How do you think that would go this time with an even bigger shitshow?

Evero is a very smart guy. He knows that all he has to do is keep doing what he is doing and he will be set for tons of HC opportunities. Why let some horrible situation where you are set up to fail ruin your future opportunities?

• Pie 4

14 hours ago, mickeye76 said:

13 hours ago, Lurk21 said:

I think bc if he was to lead this team to a strong finish and didn't get the job... itd look like Wilks all over again. It's proven that Tepper wants an offensive  mind. Putting Tabor in at hc doesn't change much if he finishes  strong. 

He turned down interest duties in Denver Las year

• Beer 1

18 hours ago, Johnstonny said:

11 games in and this is the best Campen can do.... bs its the scheme...we either have no talent or Campen is inept...which is it...

I don't think Campen is inept.  He doesn't call the plays.   I think the inability to help the OLine by the play caller has made them look worse than they are.  The team just looks out of sync between the Line, the RBs and the passing game.  IMO, the scheme is hurting everyone on offense.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, BY9Franchise said:

He turned down interest duties in Denver Las year

He hasn't been given head coaching opportunities anywhere else.  It might be his personality or he might be needed as a DC more.  Who comes in to replace him?

Edited by parker

I thought the coaches had to put in two seasons to bring back a draft pick. ? 

And yep there is an advantage to hiring a minority IF they are equal or better than the competition from the field. Then you get the best candidate plus some maybe lottery type chances. 

I’d always want to hire the better qualified or more talented person if there is a difference in ability regardless of Rooney or whatever. Personally.