• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More insight from Dianna Russini

Mr. Scot

From Adam Schefter, re: Scott Fitterer...

It also remains uncertain who will help guide Tepper. The Panthers haven't given general manager Scott Fitterer any assurances that he will be retained, league sources said, though Carolina has intimated to some around the NFL that it would like to keep Fitterer. Even so, league sources believe Fitterer's future remains up in the air.

Link

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

From Adam Schefter, re: Scott Fitterer...

It also remains uncertain who will help guide Tepper. The Panthers haven't given general manager Scott Fitterer any assurances that he will be retained, league sources said, though Carolina has intimated to some around the NFL that it would like to keep Fitterer. Even so, league sources believe Fitterer's future remains up in the air.

Link

That right there tells me we will be bad for a VERY LONG  time. What is there even to think about?!

• Pie 1

Remember when a lot of folks were saying we had hit rock bottom and I told them that it's felt like that numerous times and that just means that Tepper is about to break out the heavy equipment and break own through again?

Well, this is the heavy equipment.

We are so fuged. The only question at this point is when or if Tepper will become sufficiently embarrassed and perhaps humbled enough to GTFO of the football side of the house. Because we are completely fuged until he does.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, countryboi said:

Y’all have to remember that these coaches are not going to work at Sprint, a lot of these guys are super arrogant and feel like they can change the situation. Also, a lot of the complexities of Carolina was how dysfunctional Frank’s administration was. If your scheme wasn’t ass you wouldn’t face so much heat. 

Tepper is a terrible owner. The next HC will be 2nd or 3rd tier. 

58 minutes ago, pantherj said:

If I were a coach on the team I would have wanted to bench Young as well to try and keep my job. Dalton is clearly the better QB, and each loss pushes hot head Tepper closer to firing coaches. Yeah put Dalton in would have been my mantra.

Me and Tepper would've had it out after the Seahawks game in week 3. Dalton is clearly the better option right now and part of it is simply handling the constant pressure better. You're not doing your rookie any favors putting him out there to look like ass every week.

1 hour ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

If Tepper really wants Johnson he needs to do whatever he can to get him. 
New GM, ability to pick own staff, Tepper agreeing to stay the hell out of Johnson’s way. 
Like you have said before I don’t know if it is possible for Tepper to do that. 
But if he wants Johnson he is going to have to change. 

I can hear dipper now. "Here Ben, run this play. I think it will be a TD"

image.png.87ac5599fc9e3ad9b5d15079f128116d.png

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

This also from Jeff Howe...

The biggest names there will be Ben Johnson, Frank Smith, Kellen Moore and Bobby Slowik, and Johnson seems to be getting to the point where he can pick his spot. The problem for the Panthers, though, is Johnson may not want anything to do with David Tepper and his quick-hook problem. 

But Tepper doesn’t have a “quick hook problem.”

I mean if anything he kept Rhule too long. He showed plenty of patience there. 

Reich won 1 game this season, and the team wasn’t showing any upward progress. Not sure why this is shocking. 

Butthurt coaches and reporters can talk poo, but this firing isn’t a toxic one at all, and not the red flag everyone says it is. 

There are plenty of other things to be upset with Tepper about, but having a short leash isn’t one of them. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

But Tepper doesn’t have a “quick hook problem.”

I mean if anything he kept Rhule too long. He showed plenty of patience there. 

Reich won 1 game this season, and the team wasn’t showing any upward progress. Not sure why this is shocking. 

Butthurt coaches and reporters can talk poo, but this firing isn’t a toxic one at all, and not the red flag everyone says it is. 

There are plenty of other things to be upset with Tepper about, but having a short leash isn’t one of them. 

I mean, he essentially fired Wilks too by not retaining him after he largely turned the team around.

The reporter just used "quick hook problem". He could've simply said "shitty work environment".

• Pie 1