• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers aka the Teppers may want to keep Fitterer

ncfan

Teppers whole way of thinking is why we're fuged.  He gave a complete knob in Matt Rhule full control and it was a poo show. So instead of realizing he needs a competent gm with experience to run the show his take away was I can't give control away to anyone except maybe my wife so now her and I are going to start making these decisions even though we know even less then the idiot that I just fired for incompetence. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 2

19 minutes ago, toldozer said:

Teppers whole way of thinking is why we're fuged.  He gave a complete knob in Matt Rhule full control and it was a poo show. So instead of realizing he needs a competent gm with experience to run the show his take away was I can't give control away to anyone except maybe my wife so now her and I are going to start making these decisions even though we know even less then the idiot that I just fired for incompetence. 

The hallmark of being dumb is not realizing you aren't smart enough to know how to do everything.

Tepper firmly believes this is all easy. He learned for a year or two from Marty Hurney and now he thinks he is some sort of Moneyball sage. It's just that all these idiots around him keep screwing up his brilliant plans. He is going to change the NFL if all these idiots just get out of his way and let him do it.

• Beer 2

These are just my opinions, but a new GM would have to let the Teppers know they want control over front office or assurance they would majority control over front office!

I would let Scott Fitterer go even though he’s had one arm tied behind him his whole time with the panthers.

I would elevate: Dan Morgan Jr (in house) to General Manager! Other Candidates: Adam Peters, 49ers; Ian Cunningham, Bears; Ed Dodds, Colts; Andy Weidl, Steelers; Alec Halaby, Eagles; Louis Reddick, Former GM/Analyst; Mike Borgonzi, Chiefs; others. 

Bring in a new assistant general manager. Few names: Adrian Wilson, panthers (in house); Joe Hortiz, Ravens; John Spytek, Bucs; Trent Kirchner, Seahawks; Will McClay, Cowboys; Brandon Hunt, Eagles; Catherine Raiche, Browns; Chad Brinker, Packers; Brandt Tilis, Chiefs; Lance Newmark, Lions; Trey Brown, Bengals; Ryan Grigson, Vikings; Dave Caldwell, Eagles; JoJo Wooden, Chargers; Terrance Gray, Bills; etc

17 minutes ago, razorwolf said:

These are just my opinions, but a new GM would have to let the Teppers know they want control over front office or assurance they would majority control over front office!

I would let Scott Fitterer go even though he’s had one arm tied behind him his whole time with the panthers.

I would elevate: Dan Morgan Jr (in house) to General Manager! Other Candidates: Adam Peters, 49ers; Ian Cunningham, Bears; Ed Dodds, Colts; Andy Weidl, Steelers; Alec Halaby, Eagles; Louis Reddick, Former GM/Analyst; Mike Borgonzi, Chiefs; others. 

Bring in a new assistant general manager. Few names: Adrian Wilson, panthers (in house); Joe Hortiz, Ravens; John Spytek, Bucs; Trent Kirchner, Seahawks; Will McClay, Cowboys; Brandon Hunt, Eagles; Catherine Raiche, Browns; Chad Brinker, Packers; Brandt Tilis, Chiefs; Lance Newmark, Lions; Trey Brown, Bengals; Ryan Grigson, Vikings; Dave Caldwell, Eagles; JoJo Wooden, Chargers; Terrance Gray, Bills; etc

Couple of those you'd be very unlikely to get...

Peters is heir apparent to the 49ers job. Dodds already interviewed here and pulled himself out of the search. Ian Cunningham and Brandt Tillis also interviewed for jobs here previously.

Kirchner is a longtime friend of Scott Fitterer (so is Morgan). Not sure how they'd view the job. Ryan Grigson was dog sh-t as Colts GM and might also be friends with Frank Reich.

One name scares me a little bit for other reasons, Catherine Raiche. It's not that she scares me because she's female, but I don't really know that much about her career. My fear is if she gets a look here, It won't necessarily be because she's the best candidate but rather because Tepper would want to make a big splashy headline again by hiring the first female GM in the NFL.

That's all well and good if she's truly great at her job. If it's for the sake of headlines, not so much. I don't know enough about her to say for sure...

...but I know plenty about Tepper, and what I know isn't good 😕

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Tepper will be woke 

4 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

The hallmark of being dumb is not realizing you aren't smart enough to know how to do everything.

Tepper firmly believes this is all easy. He learned for a year or two from Marty Hurney and now he thinks he is some sort of Moneyball sage. It's just that all these idiots around him keep screwing up his brilliant plans. He is going to change the NFL if all these idiots just get out of his way and let him do it.

You just hit on something that I have been… amused isn’t the right word… but amused by.

Tepper spent a year learning the business and a Year learning the football side. Now he *knows* how it works.

1 year. 

Edited by stratocatter
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, stratocatter said:

Tepper will be woke 

You just hit on something that I have been… amused isn’t the right word… but amused by.

Tepper spent a year learning the business and a Year learning the football side. Now he *knows* how it works.

1 year. 

And he wasn't exactly learning under the Ravens/Steelers/Eagles level professionals either lol. Imagine getting shown the ropes by Marty fuging Hurney and thinking you're good to go

• Beer 3