• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Bryce hate has gotten absurd

Adb6368

I was a little hard on Bryce on that 3rd and 1 at the end of the game. I went back and watched the 2 point conversion play. Very similar. For whatever he wants until the last minute to take off on his roll outs expecting someone to pop open. 

One of the Bryce critics on here made a real great point earlier this year. He still has not processed the difference between college and NFL speed. Get it together Bryce.

• Pie 2

16 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

The Huddle has been right about more draft picks and trades than Fitterer. 

This is the problem, and why I boldly made the claim last week that there are a number of huddlers that could do a better job than Fitt. I’m not one of them, but there are a few of y’all that could absolutely do better than what he’s done in his time here. Hell, if you go back to the draft threads, it’s easily seen. He has been awful, and clearly has shown he has been the worst GM we’ve had here in Carolina.

Edited by AggieLean
  • Pie 6

1 hour ago, Adb6368 said:

This year sucks. Bryce hasn’t lived up to the hype. Some his fault, some not. 

burrow, manning, Lawrence, etc. all had bad first year. On top of that, we obviously had the wrong coach for him. 

im not willing to label him a bust yet. We don’t need 40 threads on why he is. No one questions his iq. His biggest question mark coming in was his durability and he’s passed that with flying colors. 

his height may be a problem and I’ll concede that. But emphatic statements declaring him a bust are absurdly premature. If you can’t handle bad football then I suggest maybe skipping the last few games

im choosing to believe we’ll find the right coach to match his skillset and he’ll end up being the qb we drafted. My expectations have decreased from the expectations I had when we drafted him, but that doesn’t mean he can’t lead a GOOD football team to the playoffs (and dare I say Super Bowl). However, this is NOT a good football team. 

so cheers to Bryce helping us get the 33rd pick in the draft! Damn this bourbon tastes good tonight 

He lead the draft eligible qb's with pressure, sacks and hits responsible for. His draft profile shows his frame and arm strength being below average. His profile also shows he struggles with timing concepts and plays well off schedule. 

If he's even remotely successful he will be the first sub 200 qb to do that and he will be the shortest successful qb in NFL history as well. 

So he would break the mold so much that he would accomplish two firsts on size alone. 

27 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

Had he hit Chark in stride for a TD on that one play I would have had a new found hope. I’m still in a wait and see mode but leaning towards bust.

He looks better without Frank though.

Or Mingo earlier in the game. Both receivers with space in front, both notably underthrown.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Adb6368 said:

This year sucks. Bryce hasn’t lived up to the hype. Some his fault, some not. 

burrow, manning, Lawrence, etc. all had bad first year. On top of that, we obviously had the wrong coach for him. 

im not willing to label him a bust yet. We don’t need 40 threads on why he is. No one questions his iq. His biggest question mark coming in was his durability and he’s passed that with flying colors. 

his height may be a problem and I’ll concede that. But emphatic statements declaring him a bust are absurdly premature. If you can’t handle bad football then I suggest maybe skipping the last few games

im choosing to believe we’ll find the right coach to match his skillset and he’ll end up being the qb we drafted. My expectations have decreased from the expectations I had when we drafted him, but that doesn’t mean he can’t lead a GOOD football team to the playoffs (and dare I say Super Bowl). However, this is NOT a good football team. 

so cheers to Bryce helping us get the 33rd pick in the draft! Damn this bourbon tastes good tonight 

People here have been doing this since his first NFL game.  There is no logic here, look elsewhere 

17 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

This is the problem, and why I boldly made the claim last week that there are a number of huddlers that could do a better job than Fitt. I’m not one of them, but there are a few of y’all that could absolutely do better than what he’s done in his time here. Hell, if you go back to the draft threads, it’s easily seen. He has been awful, and clearly has shown he has been the worst GM we’ve had here in Carolina.

I believe this post is telling. I've seen many posts, mocks, that would've gone a long way in helping this team. Seemingly, every draft, particularly under Fitterer, is a reach. Fitterer drafts are stock full of bad trades and player evaluation. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Htarnation4.0 said:

I believe this post is telling. I've seen many posts, mocks, that would've gone a long way in helping this team. Seemingly, every draft, particularly under Fitterer, is a reach. Fitterer drafts are stock full of bad trades and player evaluation. 

Under Tepper we seem to routinely draft for RAS. It's been more about athletic profile than it has been about football skill set. Which makes the Bryce pick all the more baffling. It was a stark departure from the RAS mindset. Anthony Richardson would've been the RAS pick. 

• Pie 1

His height isn't the problem, it's his lack of any even average physical traits for an NFL QB, every physical trait of his is below average to bad.  It's clear the game moves too fast for him compared to college, and I don't mean mentally, I mean physically.  

He doesn't have the arm to get the ball to the spot before the defender, he doesn't have the quickness needed to evade the rush at this level, and he sure as hell doesn't have the strength to break away from defenders when they get a hand on him.

Yes, he can be a serviceable starting QB in this league with the right team around him, but that's his max potential.  That's the type of guy who bounces around from team to team as an occasional starter or high end backup, not someone you trade away your future to take at #1 overall.

It was a mistake, the sooner people realize it, the easier it will be for them to cope with it.  Trying to compare it to past bad rookie seasons for great players who had numerous WOW moments in each game, when Bryce hasn't had 1 all season, is just poorly flawed.

• Beer 2

15 minutes ago, Htarnation4.0 said:

Yep. The people who say the huddle wouldn’t do better than Fitterer are mistaken and very likely have never been in the draft threads. Heck, all of us who wanted to actually rebuild instead of “going for it” (signing lots of FAs and trading away picks instead of trading expensive players for picks) were also correct.

It’s just a shame that we’ve blown so many picks and trades that we need so much help to get back to competitive. We also are negative on those extra picks most rebuilding teams have.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Under Tepper we seem to routinely draft for RAS. It's been more about athletic profile than it has been about football skill set. Which makes the Bryce pick all the more baffling. It was a stark departure from the RAS mindset. Anthony Richardson would've been the RAS pick. 

From what I remember of the pre-draft process, BY was highest floor and lowest ceiling of the top 3. I don't understand how you give up what we did for the player with the least potential if successful. 

I was and still am a huge AR fan, but the biggest concern I had was him trying to run in the NFL and the pounding he would take resulting in injuries and a shortened career. He would also need the right coach. At 1, Stroud was the best pick given the trade. Safest QB passing ability with the lowest risk of injury due to size and playing style. 

3 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

His height isn't the problem, it's his lack of any even average physical traits for an NFL QB, every physical trait of his is below average to bad.  It's clear the game moves too fast for him compared to college, and I don't mean mentally, I mean physically.  

He doesn't have the arm to get the ball to the spot before the defender, he doesn't have the quickness needed to evade the rush at this level, and he sure as hell doesn't have the strength to break away from defenders when they get a hand on him.

Yes, he can be a serviceable starting QB in this league with the right team around him, but that's his max potential.  That's the type of guy who bounces around from team to team as an occasional starter or high end backup, not someone you trade away your future to take at #1 overall.

It was a mistake, the sooner people realize it, the easier it will be for them to cope with it.  Trying to compare it to past bad rookie seasons for great players who had numerous WOW moments in each game, when Bryce hasn't had 1 all season, is just poorly flawed.

Unfortunately, I think the height has been a hinderance. It feels like he’s done those jump throws and on some of his picks he’s made panics decisions where it’s sure doesn’t seem like he saw everything. I posted this before on eye levels because Brees kept coming up in comparisons and Bree’s’ eye level is much closer to Stroud than Young.

300719972_AnotherBryceBreakdown-Page4-CarolinaPanth.thumb.png.c404c01d059809b1797d3a7cdcf0272f.png

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

From what I remember of the pre-draft process, BY was highest floor and lowest ceiling of the top 3. I don't understand how you give up what we did for the player with the least potential if successful. 

I was and still am a huge AR fan, but the biggest concern I had was him trying to run in the NFL and the pounding he would take resulting in injuries and a shortened career. He would also need the right coach. At 1, Stroud was the best pick given the trade. Safest QB passing ability with the lowest risk of injury due to size and playing style. 

Bryce Young was the "plug and play" pick. The "we just need a QB and we're ready to go kick some ass" pick. That's where these guys thought we were. I say this knowing full well that "these guys" honestly might just mean David Tepper.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2