• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Burns 55th in league with 17 pressures

jamos14

4 minutes ago, Toomers said:

That tag and trade will be much harder than people are thinking. No one will pay him 30M if the team that put his value there won’t. Then give up picks to do it. 

And he won’t sign the tag without having accepted a new deal from someone. Which means he is going to have to take much less than he wants. 

Montez Sweat for a 2nd and a 24M/yr deal. And he is every bit as good as Burns. Why would teams give more than that? 

Then it's a holdout.

It is what it is. We put ourselves in this bind when we turned down the Rams' offer. We just have to play the hand that we've dealt ourselves at this point.

5 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

My question to you why are you mad at a player on the defense?

What about the sorry offensive players?

Those guys are the players who actually suck on the team. If anyone should receive hate it is them.

*FYI I think Burns is probably the only players other teams would want from our team. Just saying someone trash is another person treasure.

i'm not mad... i just can tell you that burns just wants a payday....so he can go back and hang out on the street corner saying how bad he was in the NFL...like Benjamin....whoooaaaa.

Edited by Johnstonny
  • Pie 1

10 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

@jamos14 pooing the poo out of me.

Cmon bro don't take this personal. We all adults. I love you man, im just saying we gotta chill on the Burns hate. He's a defensive player and the defense happens to be the only positive this entire season.

The dude out here playing injured and The Huddle treating him like he's the worst player on the team.smh

Not what I'm doing at all.  He's the 2nd or 3rd best defensive player on the team.

He has significantly under performed and he wants a big contract.  I'm irritated that the asking price for his salary is elite money but he hasn't shown that at all.

Not hate.  I want him to succeed.  I wish he was worth 35 mil.

I just dont want to hurt our future by overpaying him.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

I always liked Burns but we are kidding ourselves if we think he is an elite DE.  He just doesn’t take over games and too often gets ran through in the running game. He also just doesn’t show up with the game on the line.

The pass rush didn’t miss a beat with him out the other day. The last true complete elite DE we had here was Greg Hardy.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

6 minutes ago, Johnstonny said:

i'm not mad... i just can tell you that burns just wants a payday....so he can go back and hang out on the street corner saying how bad he was in the NFL...like Benjamin....whoooaaaa.

Pocket watch professional athletes is hilarious. They all richer than us. Making them less rich is kind of a moot point.

But keep pocket watching I guess...

Edited by CamWhoaaCam

3 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

Not what I'm doing at all.  He's the 2nd or 3rd best defensive player on the team.

He has significantly under performed and he wants a big contract.  I'm irritated that the asking price for his salary is elite money but he hasn't shown that at all.

Not hate.  I want him to succeed.  I wish he was worth 35 mil.

I just dont want to hurt our future by overpaying him.

That's fair, but im pretty sure we won't overpay him. Anything below 30mil sounds fair to me. If he wants more than just trade him.

Until then I will still cheer for the guy, he's still one of our better players at the end of the day. 

45 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Im sick n tired of you Burns haters shitting on this dude every week. My goodness grow up!

I hope we give this dude 30mil a year just to piss off half the fanbase.

#InBurnsWeTrust

Lmao you're the same dude constantly shitting all over Bryce, right?

• Pie 3