• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sick of Losing…Do you have Patience for a Slow 2024.

Panthercougar68

We really don’t have a choice. This team basically needs 75% of the offensive line fixed and needs a number 1 and 2 receiver. That’s just on offense. It’s going to take time.

Fans can handle losing. This franchise has had more of those than winning seasons, but most years you can find hope or reasons to root for. 2004 was one of my favorite teams as a kid with how they played/finished.

What we need is reasons to hope. We need to see drastic improvement on offense and reasons to be optimistic into 2025.

2024 sets up to be a complete and pointless year.   All sets up for 2025 to be the real rebuild.  Next year will be about getting rid of folks, working the cap for 2025 and beyond.  Bryce gets "one more shot" from a coach who likely won't want to build around such a unique QB. 

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

2024 sets up to be a complete and pointless year.   All sets up for 2025 to be the real rebuild.  Next year will be about getting rid of folks, working the cap for 2025 and beyond.  Bryce gets "one more shot" from a coach who likely won't want to build around such a unique QB. 

That's the only way you can sell this mess to a decent head coach. Accept that 2024 is gonna be house cleaning and an audition for Bryce. He should honestly have to win a camp battle vs whoever is on the roster but Tepper is going to force him onto the field. After that the HC and hopefully new GM they are paired with get to really start fresh in 2025. 

attempting to answer the OP question about patience....it's weird. it's not about patience anymore if you're already checked out. apathy has set in. i just don't really care that much. i don't care what they do and i have no idea what they should do because i'm just not putting the effort into it. 

• Flames 1

16 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'll watch the first game or two to see if Bryce looks any better. If not, I'll probably check out. I tuned into the last game for the same reason. Probably won't watch anymore this year at this point.

I've been telling myself this for the past several games but keep watching every sunday like a moron. Embarrassed to admit that at this point. 

It will get worse before it gets better. At one point we had $100 million in cap for 2024, not we have $50 bc of these multi year deals Fitt gave out last off-season. This is also now a situation where the organization will need to convince potential free agents and coaches that Tepper has changed to get them to come here. Frank, Deuce, and Josh are obviously upset leaking some stufff to the media, talking with other coaches. You may not like them but they are leaders around the league within the Christian circles. It’s not good that we canned these guys halfway through their first season, they know everybody. The embarrassment of draft night, giving away a generational #1 talent to Chicago may be too much for me. Tepper has truly destroyed the franchise.