• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young Cannot Make Basic NFL Throws

BIGH2001

The first half, the O-line held up well. Young missed wide open receivers multiple times. I think at 1 point he was like 1/8 18 yds……definitely Jamarcus level bust….fire everyone involved in the evaluation process who let this transgress. Gonna be a long winter….

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, CBird said:

The first half, the O-line held up well. Young missed wide open receivers multiple times. I think at 1 point he was like 1/8 18 yds……definitely Jamarcus level bust….fire everyone involved in the evaluation process who let this transgress. Gonna be a long winter….

He was 3/15 for 29 yards at halftime. 

• Pie 2

5 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

He had 3 of his most impressive throws today, one was a drop, one was a receiver with their head turned the wrong way, and one was a completion. There’s a reason why everyone outside this dumbass  forum is saying Bryce doesn’t have a chance.

Agreed. Hell I'd like him to throw more interceptions - receivers aren't open so he's throwing away/ overthrowing to avoid picks.  Nothing to lose by seeing if one of these bums can catch a 50/50 ball 

He has an defense and a running game now. Prior to all that I was very much in the camp that it's not Bryce's fault, but again, you have to show the people something now. We've ran the ball great the last two games, affording Bryce plenty of 3rd and shorts and he hasn't delivered. Part of it is the playcalling (shotgun runs etc) and part is on him. I

'm still not on "I think he's a bust" bandwagon yet, but I'm also not on the "He can be a franchise guy with good weapons and coaching" bandwagon either. 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

1/9 on 20+ yard throws today.

9 of his 13 completions were less than 5 yards in the air.

That's right. 70% of his completions were under 5 yards. That means that when throwing for over 5 yards he went 4/27 since he was a perfect 9/9 when throwing for less than 5. 

Screenshot_20231210-213200.thumb.png.8074734e20baf5bc15f650104f44888d.png

Thats what happens when you fuging suck. He is not going to get 4+ seconds of pocket time and all pro WRs in the NFL, just ride his sorry ass to the #1 pick in 2025. Thats all we have to look forward to, no way Tepper admits Bryce sucks yet.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Selltheteamtepper said:

I’m still seeing tons of people defending his play. All the Panthers YouTube guys are still totally on board 😂

It's pure cope. Hell, plenty of analysts are still parroting the "Bryce will be fine" mantra while at the same time admitting that his footwork is all over the place and he's missing throws he should be hitting during the game. It's like they can point out all of the bad on a play by play level but can't get themselves to take the next step and admit that this guy probably ain't gonna be fine.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

1/9 on 20+ yard throws today.

9 of his 13 completions were less than 5 yards in the air.

That's right. 70% of his completions were under 5 yards. That means that when throwing for over 5 yards he went 4/27 since he was a perfect 9/9 when throwing for less than 5. 

Screenshot_20231210-213200.thumb.png.8074734e20baf5bc15f650104f44888d.png

Lots of white dots beyond 20 yards.  They can't say shots aren't being taken anymore, Bryce just can't hit them.

All I'll add is: I thought this last fall, winter and spring. I said the guy is not accurate and he doesn't have a strong arm.

I've seen nothing this year to change my mind. It's not hate. I like the guy. It just is and no amount of coaching will change it.

• Pie 1