• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young Cannot Make Basic NFL Throws

BIGH2001

13 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I have not watch as much as I use to. I did watch a couple UDFA QBs come in to similar OL&WR issues perform and win(bagnet, devito). Neither got the reps or prep that Bryce had form TC. 

This is absolutely impossible to ignore. All across the league we've watched backups and third stringers come in and look hands down better than Bryce, even on bad teams.

But the cope brigade never runs out of excuses.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 4

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is absolutely impossible to ignore. All across the league we've watched backups and third stringers come in and look hands down better than Bryce, even on bad teams.

But the cope brigade never runs out of excuses.

Ive tried to cope or excuse my way into favoring Bryce, but the real evidence is one-sided.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

39 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Cam is looking like the last person you quote for QB opinions- https://twitter.com/i/status/1734752490350895230

He said Dak, brock, goff, and tua were game mangers, not difference makers. Crack is wrack...

That's interesting and awkward because we've been told Bryce's best comp is Tua. Well about that...

I love Cam. Defended the guy tooth and nail when folks were directing ignorance on him that had nothing to do with his on field play. But former players can be wrong about prospects too. Highly paid scouts and general managers are too and that's why many teams consistently are looking for new blood every few years.

I think Cam just doesn't want to be wrong. Honestly I'm disappointed he didn't stick up for CJ Stroud at all or try to get the Panthers to at least reconsider him. CJ looked up to him and counted him as an inspiration for himself growing up. Some of the things said about him were also said of Cam. I'll be putting less stock in some of these former player takes going forward. They can be just as wrong as any rando here.

• Beer 1

11 hours ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Oh but your "realistic" plan is to give up on a #1 overall pick after 1 season in which the entire team is bad. This is not an offense that is "one QB away" from consistently winning football games and if that's what you believe then you are further down than whatever rock bottom is

Do you think we should've stuck with Clausen? Sometimes the truth is painfully obvious.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Do you think we should've stuck with Clausen? Sometimes the truth is painfully obvious.

If Young had a HOF WR in his prime with Smash and Dash in the back field and he looked as bad as Clausen I'd probably agree. However, you guys can laugh and pull up all the stats you want but Bryce hasn't entered Clausen territory yet. I remember those games vividly and if you have access to the NFL all 22 I implore you to go rewatch some of his games. The few plays Bryce has made Clausen couldn't even dream of making

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Poo 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Hell, was wrong about Bryce too. Despite having Richardson and Stroud as my 1a and 1b I convinced myself to be okay with Bryce if that's what our brain trust landed on. I trusted them to pick the best prospect despite my reservations about Bryce's physical talent. I mean, if they and all the professional talking heads all thought Bryce would translate them surely I have to be wrong so if Bryce is the pick I'm begrudgingly onboard despite my serious reservations which were roundly mocked on here. "LOLOLOL!!! Yeah, no one else sees this but you! What a dumbass!!!"

Then preseason happened. Uh oh. This looks like what I was afraid it was gonna look like based on what I saw out of Bryce in college. "LOLOLOL!!! Serious fans know that preseason doesn't matter. Just you wait until we start game planning. Bryce gonna be carving the league up. What a dumbass!!!" Well, I sure hope so, but I'm struggling to see franchise QB talent here.

Then the regular season started. He throws two awful staredown late across the middle INTs in week one. Looks bad again in week two. Doesn't play in week three after a phantom ankle injury no one saw in live action and Andy Dalton plays way better. Uh oh. Bryce comes back in week four and still looks like Bryce. UH OH. Then post-Halloween happens when Bryce has been the worst QB in the league during the second half of the NFL season. Now I'm struggling to see NFL roster caliber QB talent.

But I'm the dumbass. Hell, I wish I had been because this fuging sucks. I'd be a lot happier eating delicious crow watching a franchise QB that I was wrong about.

....Its going to take 3 drafts to put enough talent around him to just become respectable.... we don't have enough years to placate his physical limitations...hes a bust...move on...like SF did with Trey Lance...Like Pittsburg will do with Pickett...Jets... new England...etc... 

46 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Hell, was wrong about Bryce too. Despite having Richardson and Stroud as my 1a and 1b I convinced myself to be okay with Bryce if that's what our brain trust landed on. I trusted them to pick the best prospect despite my reservations about Bryce's physical talent. I mean, if they and all the professional talking heads all thought Bryce would translate them surely I have to be wrong so if Bryce is the pick I'm begrudgingly onboard despite my serious reservations which were roundly mocked on here. "LOLOLOL!!! Yeah, no one else sees this but you! What a dumbass!!!"

Then preseason happened. Uh oh. This looks like what I was afraid it was gonna look like based on what I saw out of Bryce in college. "LOLOLOL!!! Serious fans know that preseason doesn't matter. Just you wait until we start game planning. Bryce gonna be carving the league up. What a dumbass!!!" Well, I sure hope so, but I'm struggling to see franchise QB talent here.

Then the regular season started. He throws two awful staredown late across the middle INTs in week one. Looks bad again in week two. Doesn't play in week three after a phantom ankle injury no one saw in live action and Andy Dalton plays way better. Uh oh. Bryce comes back in week four and still looks like Bryce. UH OH. Then post-Halloween happens when Bryce has been the worst QB in the league during the second half of the NFL season. Now I'm struggling to see NFL roster caliber QB talent.

But I'm the dumbass. Hell, I wish I had been because this fuging sucks. I'd be a lot happier eating delicious crow watching a franchise QB that I was wrong about.

I don't think the Bryce supporters know how much those of us who think Bryce is a bust WANT to be wrong. None of us wanted this. There's no joy in watching this mess every week. Saying he looks horrid doesn't make me feel any better. I want Bryce to be successful. Hell, I wanted Frank to be successful and he wasn't even on my list of coaches I wanted. I want Dave to be successful. All I want is for this team to know winning more than a single year at a time. I'm sure you and others feel very much the same. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

I have yet to see one person that is on his jock even acknowledging he has this tippy toe crap and a skip step extra move before throwing anything he needs to have some heat on it like on a deep ball or an out with fast NFL defenders racing his ball to the target. Until it is some vague “footwork” issue. 

Too much arc = too much defender gap-closing time. Some of these plays are made on a paper thin margin time wise and that extra .3 seconds is a stride. Maybe less, it happens so fast. There are probably three steps they can make up in his throws over 20 yards or so. 

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, strato said:

I have yet to see one person that is on his jock even acknowledging he has this tippy toe crap and a skip step extra move before throwing anything he needs to have some heat on it like on a deep ball or an out with fast NFL defenders racing his ball to the target. Until it is some vague “footwork” issue. 

Too much arc = too much defender gap-closing time. Some of these plays are made on a paper thin margin time wise and that extra .3 seconds is a stride. Maybe less, it happens so fast. There are probably three steps they can make up in his throws over 20 yards or so. 

Wouldn't it be nice to have a QB coach to help you work on those things at the NFL level? One of the reasons Reich is gone is because some of the poo he said just doesn't make any sense. Why wouldn't you want to work on footwork and dropbacks when it comes to your rookie QB in the offseason? Isn't this something all QBs are supposed to work on every single day? What exactly was McCown doing his entire time here? With all these experts on the staff the plan for how to coach Bryce and the type of offense to run and the personnel required to run it hasn't made a whole lot of sense.

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Pie 1

22 minutes ago, strato said:

I said it leading up to the draft. For him to generate velocity or depth in his throws he needed a practical airport runway to step into his throws. That opportunity rarely presents itself in the NFL. It was a huge concerns. Huge concerns translating to the NFL we're all over his college tape. I have no idea why so many folks missed them or simply refused to acknowledge them.

• Flames 1

3 hours ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Wouldn't it be nice to have a QB coach to help you work on those things at the NFL level? One of the reasons Reich is gone is because some of the poo he said just doesn't make any sense. Why wouldn't you want to work on footwork and dropbacks when it comes to your rookie QB in the offseason? Isn't this something all QBs are supposed to work on every single day? What exactly was McCown doing his entire time here? With all these experts on the staff the plan for how to coach Bryce and the type of offense to run and the personnel required to run it hasn't made a whole lot of sense.

If you think that poo is worth your time, I guess. I don’t see it. 

Also, might be nice if we had talent evaluators that weren’t dumb enough to overlook it like they were some stan that posts here.

That stuff isn’t worth fixing on him, it is just too hard to fix. And at best, if you manage to fix it yu still only have a historically small and athletically below NFL average player at your most critical position. 

It just should never have been done. If the kid had just made the league and not been put in this position of playing right away he might have found his way on to a field when he was maybe a few years into a backup career, and more ready to do something with the chance.. 

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Love to spend two first round picks on a qb who needs all of his mechanics reworked. 

bryce has grown up in high end, invitation only qb camps and prep schools and has always had access to the best coaches. Top tier prep qbs these days are going to top dollar camps run by NFL qbs. Peyton Manning runs a camp every year that’s invitation only, and it just churns out nfl players.

Haven’t you wondered why it looks like all these guys on different teams know each other? Obviously Joe burrow played at osu and lsu where like half of the nfl played, but have you not wondered why it seems everyone knows and respects him? Because they’ve been playing with each other since sixth grade  

Bryce’s mechanics are heavily coached to overcome his physical limitations. He’s on his toes because he can’t see. He keeps his hips squared up because he can’t see. He’s bouncy because he wants to get out of the pocket because he can’t see. He’s hesitant to throw because nfl windows are smaller and he’s not accurate enough because of his mechanics. That’s the end of it. 

talking about fixing Bryce mechanics now is like talking about a car being fine, it just needs an all new drivetrain. 

• Pie 4