• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For QB Development: WR vs TE

SaltAndPepper

12 hours ago, Shocker said:

No it isn’t.  At all.  In a good environment with a solid culture he dominated.  He wasn’t just ok…he dominated.  You are so wrong and uneducated 

By that rational, why even look at college tape? High school or pop warner should be enough because the level of competition is irrelevant. How can anyone be a bust in the NFL when they dominated in college? It’s impossible. 

• Flames 1

12 hours ago, Shocker said:

No it isn’t.  At all.  In a good environment with a solid culture he dominated.  He wasn’t just ok…he dominated.  You are so wrong and uneducated 

It really is irrelevant. The list of great college players who don't pan out in the NFL is long indeed. After draft day your college play becomes irrelevant.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Newbie said:

I didn’t have a problem with him when he was hired. I just want someone competent. It’s obvious now that he doesn’t know how to adapt to his teams strengths and weaknesses. He’s a stick in the mud my way only kind of guy. However, he wanted Stroud because he fit his system and we gave him Bryce who didn’t. I’m struggling to picture Bryce in any system and don’t know why any coach would want to work with him. 

The problem is a lot of players didnt fit his system. Not just Bryce.  

24 minutes ago, parker said:

The problem is a lot of players didnt fit his system. Not just Bryce.  

Andrew Luck had his best season as a professional with Reich. Luck passed for 4,593 yards, threw 39 touchdowns, and 15 interceptions. Philip Rivers passed for 4,169 yards, threw 24 touchdowns, and 11 interceptions. Carson Wentz passed for 3,563 yards, threw 27 touchdowns, and 7 interceptions. 

Another thread full of poo talking instead of trying to have a football conversation.

Most posters never tried to answer the original question, just turned it into another Bryce trolling fest.  

Isn't that exhausting?

OP, my answer is WR.    They can stretch the field and help prevent 10 man boxes.  It makes the entire offense better.  (incoming post by trolls about Bryce can't throw deep, blah blah blah).

• Beer 1

I don't think it's fair to cast a rash judgement of Bryce being a bust forever.  This offense is a poo show.  Bryce has gotten worse and is developing bad habits.  Bryce is making too many mistakes.

There's not shortage of criticism, no shortage of viable reasons to call him bust worthy, but I don't think it's right to roll a rookie this quickly.  Some of y'all feel strongly otherwise, and that's fine for you.

Bryce needs an outlet.  Would Mahommes be as good without Kelce?  What about Cam without Olsen?  Brees had Jimmy Graham for his prime years.  When you look at many good QBs, you see they have a play maker who they can get the ball to when they need it.  I think Cam called it HBO (help a brother out).  

The offensive scheme is utter garbage.  The oline can't pass block well.  While they ran block very well, when it was time to pass the ball, they were embarrassed.  We don't have a good WR right now.  How well can they be judged in this poo scheme?  Our RBs looks like RBs, nothing special.  I love how hard Chubba is running right now, but he's replicable.  The QB is being asked to do more with less than most QBs in the league.  Consider as well Bryce's physical limitations.  He's not a physical freak like Cam was, nor does he have the ideal build to truck a LB.  He's a small guy, but the NFL was willing to bet on him to be the outlier that makes it.  

How do we help Bryce's development?  Get him an outlet.  Is it a TE a la Olsen?  A WR like how the Bills got Diggs for Allen?  Bryce doesn't have anyone he can ask to bail him out.  Theilen is too old at this point.  You can't change the past, and we HAVE to get Bryce some help from a system perspective as well as an outlet who can be open.

• Beer 1

Whichever you think will develop. I've seen a lot of top end tight end talent not pan out over the years. In my opinion as long as you need one you should take a shot in the mid rounds unless you feel there's a sure thing, I don't mean one of these combine warriors that always shoots up the boards.

16 hours ago, jamos14 said:

Another thread full of poo talking instead of trying to have a football conversation.

Most posters never tried to answer the original question, just turned it into another Bryce trolling fest.  

Isn't that exhausting?

OP, my answer is WR.    They can stretch the field and help prevent 10 man boxes.  It makes the entire offense better.  (incoming post by trolls about Bryce can't throw deep, blah blah blah).

Bryce can’t throw deep or hit wide open receivers. 

• Poo 1

5 minutes ago, Newbie said:

Most rookie quarterbacks have the arm strength to throw over the middle of the field. 

Eh, actually it's the sidelines where he struggles; it take more arm strength to hit those passes.  That's the reason Bryce likes in-breaking routes and also the reason DBs jump his throws...because everyone knows this.

• Beer 2