• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Locked on Panthers: The good, the bad, and the ugly: Chris Tabor not considering sitting Bryce

jayboogieman

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

Unless his plan is to get fired and collect that money while somewhere else it can't possibly be worth it. It looks like career suicide. Fank was prepared for retirement when he took the job so that makes sense.

Seriously who is going to want to work with the guy given the entire situation? IDK but I wouldn't bet on him getting a great next job or the new HC being happy with having to keep the guy either.

He's been an NFL coach since 2008 and a ST coordinator since 2011. He'll he fine. He'll land another ST coordinator gig elsewhere.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

He's been an NFL coach since 2008 and a ST coordinator since 2011. He'll he fine. He'll land another ST coordinator gig elsewhere.

Maybe. If the leaks keep coming and he was any part of that mess then maybe something but nothing great (which he looks to be fine with given he wanted to stay after Rhule). I guess there is always going back to school to coach where it is easy.

13 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

WTF do people want Young benched? We aren’t a contender so WTF do we care if we go 1-16 or 4-13? We learn nothing from Dalton starting.

Let Young finish the year and honestly, start 2024. We have pick 33. The chance of us getting a long term QB starter in the 2024 draft is minuscule. We aren’t that lucky.

If you don’t believe in Young, you want him starting. If he can’t do the job, well after a second year the new coach and GM have the ammo to say QB in 2025. Thanks Young for getting us a top 3 pick, you’re the backup.

If he gets hurt then that's worst case scenario 

I feel we should bench Bryce so we can evaluate how some of our players look like under a possibly competent offense. I think we've seen enough to know the next 4 games aren't going to make a difference. If we don't, we won't even know how bad the team truly is or how big of a problem Bryce is. If the team actually looks decent maybe it's enough to help us move on from this mistake easier. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

20 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

WTF do people want Young benched? We aren’t a contender so WTF do we care if we go 1-16 or 4-13? We learn nothing from Dalton starting.

Let Young finish the year and honestly, start 2024. We have pick 33. The chance of us getting a long term QB starter in the 2024 draft is minuscule. We aren’t that lucky.

If you don’t believe in Young, you want him starting. If he can’t do the job, well after a second year the new coach and GM have the ammo to say QB in 2025. Thanks Young for getting us a top 3 pick, you’re the backup.

Why?  The why is simple for me, and it's not even about wins and losses.  It's about evaluating the REST of the offense.  I'd like to see what the other players can do with a veteran QB.  Is our line as bad as we think?  What about our receivers?  TE's?  etc.

Bryce has had more than enough opportunity this year.  I would think that just in the name of fair evaluation of all the players putting Dalton in at QB might give us something different to look at.  I don't care if we win or lose.

• Beer 1

Just now, Waldo said:

What more do you really need to learn about Young this season? He has already proven what he is and regardless he is here next year to compete or be given the job again.

Why not focus on trying to build up other players and not having the bust of a QB keep the entire offense from any legitimatechamnce to improve the last few weeks?

It’s his rookie year as the number 1 pick. Hes got a longer leash than this season with a crappy OL and crappy WRs. I’m not saying you are incorrect but the team is not ready to cut bait.

All I am saying is that the more he plays, the more his excuses go away. 2025 is where I think we’ll go QB and if we get a baby Jesus type miracle with a QB whisperer coach, we used 2024 draft to build up OL and WR/TEs.

25 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't see the point of continuing this. How is continuing this better than outting Daltonin and trying to string together a little momentum?

Is Bryce confidently getting worse? 

Even with Dalton playing, I see the Panthers losing out. The offense is that broke. So, let Young get the reps. Lord knows he needs them.

15 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Even with Dalton playing, I see the Panthers losing out. The offense is that broke. So, let Young get the reps. Lord knows he needs them.

Brother.

Brother.

Brother.....

Andy Dalton would have connected on that wide open deep pass to Mingo at the very least. What the offense needs is some confidence. Andy as mediocre as he is still has the arm talent to make that happen.

We've got Falcons Packers Jaguars and the Bucs. Let's not bullshit ourselves and each other. Andy would likely win two of those.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 5

28 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If he gets hurt then that's worst case scenario 

I think he may sit with something like a "hamstring injury" the last few weeks just to keep him safe. He needs a reset. Watching a few games and keeping him injury free is a good way to end the year.

3 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Why?  The why is simple for me, and it's not even about wins and losses.  It's about evaluating the REST of the offense.  I'd like to see what the other players can do with a veteran QB.  Is our line as bad as we think?  What about our receivers?  TE's?  etc.

Bryce has had more than enough opportunity this year.  I would think that just in the name of fair evaluation of all the players putting Dalton in at QB might give us something different to look at.  I don't care if we win or lose.

What do we have to evaluate on the rest of the offense?

Hurst, Thielen, Sanders, Hubbard, Chark and TMJ are known entities and/or not long term options.

The only person you could potentially say you want to evaluate is Mingo. Is he more important than knowing for sure, as soon as possible, that Young is not the answer? Not even close and Mingo has been getting a ton of minutes.

You might say OL but OL can be evaluated with Young or Dalton. I don’t care who the QB is when someone flies by Iky for a sack.

Sorry, but the team benefits more from Young starting and getting us close to a poo or get off the pot moment with him. No one else offense cannot be evaluated or is anywhere close to as important to evaluate.