• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peter King: Just Walk on By

SaltAndPepper

15 minutes ago, Frank9999 said:

I guess my only question is how do we know to what extent the guy is actually dictating? People assume Bryce was all on Tepper. i actually disagree. I think Bryce was a Scott Fitterer obsession and Tepper has been listening to him. 

Here is what we know.

Tepper has hired TWO terrible HCs and a bad GM. Everything that comes from that is on him.

Tepper feels he needs to meet with the HC weekly during the season. Hint: Tepper isn’t giving out back runs in there.

Tepper traveled with the coaches and scouts to each QB pro day.

We know Tepper is VERY involved. We know Tepper didn’t fire those coach’s for insubordination when they texted him behind Reich’s back. 

Even if he isn’t calling every shot, he’s still influencing everything. 

• Pie 2

21 minutes ago, Frank9999 said:

I guess my only question is how do we know to what extent the guy is actually dictating? People assume Bryce was all on Tepper. i actually disagree. I think Bryce was a Scott Fitterer obsession and Tepper has been listening to him. 

How can you be sure that calzone with legs isn't just Tepper's yes man and house pet? 

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, Frank9999 said:

Now, do not get me wrong, Tepper is at fault. But i think the issue with him is more likely just hiring and listening to the wrong people. I still think there is a chance he can hire and listen to the right people finally. 

The odds of Tepper hiring a good GM and a good coach are zero.

He might luck out and get one hire right, but the other guy will still be trash.

Tepper still doesnt know what he doesn’t know.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Here is what we know.

Tepper has hired TWO terrible HCs and a bad GM. Everything that comes from that is on him.

Tepper feels he needs to meet with the HC weekly during the season. Hint: Tepper isn’t giving out back runs in there.

Tepper traveled with the coaches and scouts to each QB pro day.

We know Tepper is VERY involved. We know Tepper didn’t fire those coach’s for insubordination when they texted him behind Reich’s back. 

Even if he isn’t calling every shot, he’s still influencing everything. 

Entirely agree hes hired all the wrong people, but I think our current state is just more of a consequence of that and I believe it can still be corrected. 

i just dont buy the “we are forever doomed” as long as Tepper owns the team narrative 

Just now, Frank9999 said:

Entirely agree hes hired all the wrong people, but I think our current state is just more of a consequence of that and I believe it can still be corrected. 

i just dont buy the “we are forever doomed” as long as Tepper owns the team narrative 

We are doomed until Tepper gets lucky or learns how to hire correctly. That could take a decade or more. He’s clearly clueless at the moment and he has no one to teach him. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Frank9999 said:

I guess my hope is I believe theres a chance he can still get it right when it comes to hiring. Tbh hes still ONLY hired two coaches. This is not like 10 coaches of dog poo we've gone through. 

He wants to be involved in it all, and that's the problem.

And he's also gotten/earned a bad reputation for being a difficult guy to work for. He's not going to be able to hire the best GM or HC. Partly because they'll have options for better situations (and ours sucks).

But he also will be the same guy making decisions he has been. He doesn't know what he's doing. It's all trial and error. We're hoping the blind squirrel finds a nut.

And then he's going to be involved in the process. And his involvement messes stuff up. Just being present and having opinions he makes known regularly is a problem because he's influenced by those who have his ear.

He's present, but his presence doesn't help

• Pie 2

14 minutes ago, Frank9999 said:

We could be competitive next year. Go 500. That kind of crap happens all the time in NFL. We could be two years from being back in playoffs. Culture change in lockeroom and the right guys brought in can have quick and immediate changes 

we have way too many holes and not enough draft capital or cap space

walk me through a realistic scenario where we are around .500 next year

I’m reading between the lines here it sure sounds like Brown and Tabor, the hires made independent of Frank, were all texting Tepper behind Franks back discussing issues with the team. But then after Frank and the coaches he brought over were fired the team got worse.

Tepper should have said stop coming to me go to Frank.

Edited by Selltheteamtepper
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Selltheteamtepper said:

I’m reading between the lines here it sure sounds like Brown and Tabor, the hires made independent of Frank, were all texting Tepper behind Franks back discussing issues with the team. But then after Frank and the coaches he brought over were fired the team got worse.

Tepper should have said stop coming to me go to Frank.

Yeah. That's the sort of thing a professional should do.

Not what happened here unfortunately 🙄