• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Bowl Season

jayboogieman

2 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

someone asked me to change my stroud avatar to bryce when he got drafted... lol. Before that i had a random CMC/Stanford picture for years. I honestly don't know what to change it to.

Might as well change it to a plastic cup.

7 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I do feel bad for Washington tonight. Coming up short in the big game always sucks. We know that all too well. But it stings even worse for them IMO with the PAC-12 dissolving. Oh, you're the reigning champs of a defunct conference. Yay. Nope, now you're just another team in the Big 10 whose champ just beat you for the national championship.

Ouch.

While your comment rings through the fog that was the CFP process the last few years, let's not casually look beyond the dissolving of the Pac-12; the Big 10 becoming the Big 20, or whatever it looks like; apparently being a part of a "Power 5" doesn't matter anymore; how much the transfer portal is simply looking like collegiate free agency with the NIL in place, and a 12-team tournament next year.

The end of college football as we've known it for decades is officially nothing but history now. For the record, I have no allegiance to any NCAA team and could not have cared less who won last night. But I can tell you this with a fairly decent amount of certainty- Georgia would have clocked either of those teams last night, and likely any of the 4 teams in the tourney. 

Mark my words- in about 5 years, there will be but 3 "conferences" with about 15-20 teams each that will rule the land and the CFP. The transfer portal and NIL have ensured that the already rich schools will get richer and those smaller FBS schools.... well.... you're left begging for the scraps and maybe a chance to schedule a power house school just too make a few bucks for getting your asses kicked.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Rocky Davis said:

Well another National Championship that will have an asterisk and "Vacated" in 2 years or so.

Harbaugh jetting off to the NFL a la Pete Carroll.

Yeah right..

I swear some of you think those asterisk matter.. lmao

9 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Nat'l media trying to push Deion and his sons to Alabama.

If that happens I'm going on a Alabama merch shopping spree.

#InPrimeWeTrust

No offense but link?  I find this hard to believe 

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

No offense but link?  I find this hard to believe 

Saw it this morning on Get Up and that other morning show on FS1.

They were just bringing it up. I don't think there is any legit noise behind it. Just ESPN trying to get clicks and views.

5 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Saw it this morning on Get Up and that other morning show on FS1.

They were just bringing it up. I don't think there is any legit noise behind it. Just ESPN trying to get clicks and views.

Would you be excited if we hired Belichick?  He is very old but it would cool to see what he could do and I think Evero might stay too

Edited by Shocker

4 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Would you be excited if we hired Belichick?  He is very old but it would cool to see what he could do and I think Evero might stay too

I mean I don't really want him but if we can't get Harbaugh or Carroll then I guess BB is our best chance. At least he brings some credibility to the franchise.