• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING: Panthers might hang on to Ejiro Evero

TheSpecialJuan

13 minutes ago, CRA said:

this is all bad news IMO. 

good luck attracting a quality HC....when the owner is going to dictate his staff.  Again.   

Pairing a known a new head coach with a quality DC is sound reasoning. If the new coach doesn’t understand that maybe he’s not the right guy.

• Pie 1

We’re hanging onto Evero because 1.) he’s good and 2.) so we can get a comp pick for him next offseason when he does get hired away. The rule requires that minority coaches have to be on staff for at least 2 seasons to count towards the third round pick compensation. I don’t like the rule but it’s what’s going on. 

50 minutes ago, countryboi said:

Pairing a known a new head coach with a quality DC is sound reasoning. If the new coach doesn’t understand that maybe he’s not the right guy.

HCs should be able to hire their own staff.  People they work well with and are bought into the same vision.  Generally speaking.  That's the ideal approach.  You can find exceptions to anything.   

We just went through a cycle with the owner/GM dictating a lot of what Frank's world would look like.  Game of Thrones I think was the reporting of how that went.  But yeah, let's keep doing the same thing. 

• Pie 5

Again, another coach that a new HC would be blessed to hire or retain.  IF a new coach wants him im sold on the idea.  Evero might not be sold on the idea though.  Even more another team might be sold on him as their next HC so that would put the defense in limbo yet again.  I do admire the fact that the coaches that the team would want to keep around are coaches that are actually worth it.  If I saw it kicked around that we want to retain Tremble's Uncle as TE coach I'd be a bit perturbed.  We could and frankly probably will do much worse hiring a new DC, which will be churned in 2 seasons because of poor performance, much like ST if we hire away from Tabor.  New HC has to make some good hires, and not just their college buddies or familiar faces from austere coaching situations they have been in at one point in time.  The DC and ST here are kind of layups for first time HCs.

• Pie 1

If it's a HC we are desperate for like Johnson he will have to option of picking his guy or rolling with Evero.  As involved as Johnson is with the offense I could see someone like him leaving the defense with Evero.  There is nothing wrong with being "intrigued" by the idea since our defense has overperformed.  As long as we don't demand it from our new HC it's fine IMO.  

• Pie 2