• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF: Bryce Young 5th-best QB over last two weeks

TN05

If we can see that level of 4th quarter play for a half or full game I'll be pretty excited for a full offseason with him working.

I think it's important to note how well DJ Chark played, too. If those two could get chemistry going, I suspect Chark is still going to be pretty cheap...

• Beer 1

8 hours ago, mav1234 said:

The Packers aren't actually THE worst secondary. They're one of about a dozen teams with a bad passing defense... I don't even know if they're the worst secondary we've faced yet..

Statistically, Tampa is the worst pass defense we have faced.  Good news for us is that the Jaguars (statically) are even worse than Tampa and Green Bay.  

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Statistically, Tampa is the worst pass defense we have faced.  Good news for us is that the Jaguars (statically) are even worse than Tampa and Green Bay.  

If Tampa wins this week, they have nothing to play for week 18 which makes a good game from Bryce a likely useless data point. I believe the Jags need to win this week, and their defense will be under tremendous pressure if Lawrence is out. 

1 hour ago, Ghostofdelhomme said:

If Tampa wins this week, they have nothing to play for week 18 which makes a good game from Bryce a likely useless data point. I believe the Jags need to win this week, and their defense will be under tremendous pressure if Lawrence is out. 

True, but I was actually referring to us playing them a few weeks ago.  They are the statistically the worst pass defense we have played this year.  

Performances like we saw in the 4th take the whole offense playing well. The receivers made some great catches and our OL was more effective than normal. If we want to see this replicated, our WRs and OL also have to be more consistent as well as Young. One key drop or missed block on 3rd down can ruin the whole series. 
On a side note GB had an average secondary and they got Alexander back healthy for our game. It wasn’t some bottom tier secondary like people are claiming. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

4 hours ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

Glad to see that Bryce played well against Green Bay, but let's not forget that our ex trash QB Baker Mayfield had the game of his life against them not too long ago...

I want him to succeed, but need to see more from him

We should also not forget that Bakker looked his worst by far when he played for us.   Seemed to indicate that our issues with the passing game were more than just issues with Mayfield.  And Mayfield is having a solid year with Tampa.  He is the best qb in the NFC south.  Not a very high bar I know, but given how horrible he looked with us, well I am sure he is fairly happy.

Edited by Davidson Deac II

19 hours ago, mav1234 said:

If we can see that level of 4th quarter play for a half or full game I'll be pretty excited for a full offseason with him working.

I think it's important to note how well DJ Chark played, too. If those two could get chemistry going, I suspect Chark is still going to be pretty cheap...

If DJ Chark continues his good player he will certainly be a keeper.