• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Russel Wilson being benched

jb2288

16 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Not unless they want to cap hell for a while. The first semi-reasonable out they have is after 2024. If they cut him prior to Mar. 21st of 2024, the 2025 guaranteed money goes away(it is the full 2025 salary, BTW). But they would have $85 mil in dead money.

These are their two reasonable options, both post-June 1. Neither are good but if they're done they're done.

Screenshot_20231227-132019.thumb.png.ee9a8c353aafa7db88c3de1f517bcd92.png

Screenshot_20231227-131954.thumb.png.5147e6b2d16990001a52ceedb6cce250.png

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

These are their two reasonable options, both post-June 1. Neither are good but if they're done they're done.

Screenshot_20231227-132019.thumb.png.ee9a8c353aafa7db88c3de1f517bcd92.png

Screenshot_20231227-131954.thumb.png.5147e6b2d16990001a52ceedb6cce250.png

If he is on the roster in March of 2024, 100% of his 2025 salary is fully guaranteed.

They would also need to clear out almost all remaining talent on the roster to get under the cap.

Edited by kungfoodude

Broncos are benching wilson for financial reasons, if he gets hurt the last 2 weeks then they owe him a lot of money guaranteed. WIlson is a vet with a lot of miles, bryce is a rookie who the coaching staff wanted benched but was overruled by a meddling owner then they were fired. I think there is a lot of difference in the situations.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

If he is on the roster in March of 2024, 100% of his 2025 salary is fully guaranteed.

They would also need to clear out almost all remaining talent on the roster to get under the cap.

There's always a way. I've watched the Saints pull off salary cap impossibilities every year for decades now.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There's always a way. I've watched the Saints pull off salary cap impossibilities every year for decades now.

The cap situation they have is very difficult. It's much tougher to navigate. To be honest, they probably need to consider extending Russell to alleviate some of the financial stress.

14 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Broncos are benching wilson for financial reasons, if he gets hurt the last 2 weeks then they owe him a lot of money guaranteed. WIlson is a vet with a lot of miles, bryce is a rookie who the coaching staff wanted benched but was overruled by a meddling owner then they were fired. I think there is a lot of difference in the situations.

Okay, so he has some nasty injury clause in that contract. 

And the Broncos are all but eliminated from the playoffs.

21 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Was going to say the same thing. 

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

I wish the Broncos the worst and only the worst. I hope they don't see the playoffs for more than a decade.

Still mad about our first game after the Super Bowl. I wish nothing but an unholy level of the bad luck greater than the combined bad luck of the browns and the lions upon them for that. They deserve it!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Taking doesn't really help them much. They don't have a 1st round pick 

Sitting the guy that would put you in a better position to win the game is tanking. Denver cares more about saving that cash longterm than whether they win these games. My point is the anti-tankers here love to act like this doesn't happen and teams' priority every week is to win.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, MechaZain said:

Sitting the guy that would put you in a better position to win the game is tanking. Denver cares more about saving that cash longterm than whether they win these games. My point is the anti-tankers here love to act like this doesn't happen and teams' priority every week is to win.

I dont blame them for doing that myself. 

• Beer 1

46 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

/endthread

• Beer 1