• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Backers

RumHam

5 minutes ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

He doesn’t have the arm strength for the zip and or the height for the field vision. 

This is what I find so wild. Mainly because this was not some hidden combination.  It was there for all to see.

Also have to factor in his unconventional shotgun dropback and mechanics effecting the velocity. The collective trust across all platforms/fans/media/etc. that he just had “it” and those intangibles overrode the physical limitations is what is just amazing. Reading evals retroactively is pretty funny — minus a few near spot on ones from the Athletic.

Some Lessons learned should definitely be coming from this.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 hours ago, mc52beast said:

Sorry but I’m not giving up on someone based on one freaking season. How many guys in the HOF had terrible rookie seasons?

That's about the size of it. Plus, it's stupid to literally root against him if you're a Panthers fan. I can see possibly wanting to acquire competition for him, but reveling in his seeming failure is beyond the pale.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

That's about the size of it. Plus, it's stupid to literally root against him if you're a Panthers fan. I can see possibly wanting to acquire competition for him, but reveling in his seeming failure is beyond the pale.

Like I’ve said there is weird vitriol from fans with Bryce b/c of his height. If he was 6’5 and playing the same the criticism would not be nearly as loud.

The book is out on him. The line sucks and he has no weapons. While I think there have been flashes he also largely hasn’t been a floor raiser. You can’t judge him with this poo show and he is gonna be the guy next year. Weird how some fans have pivoted to rooting for this kid to fail.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

New coach will want to move on from him after next season. He's got next year and next year only to prove himself. 

Any HC that comes in and says "Yeah I'll give Bryce a year" absolutely does not have my backing. 

It's clear as day he's not an NFL QB. Go bring in a Free Agent and stop the bleeding. 

• Beer 2
  • Poo 2

Just now, Pazhoosier89 said:

Genuine madness is giving all that draft capital to get him and then giving up on him before you surround him with any talent. Mahomes would look like crap with these weapons and oline.

Mahomes has a legit arm.  This kid doesn’t.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, MGH1989 said:

Like I’ve said there is weird vitriol from fans with Bryce b/c of his height. If he was 6’5 and playing the same the criticism would not be nearly as loud.

The book is out on him. The line sucks and he has no weapons. While I think there have been flashes he also largely hasn’t been a floor raiser. You can’t judge him with this poo show and he is gonna be the guy next year. Weird how some fans have pivoted to rooting for this kid to fail.

If he was 6'5" and still didn't have an NFL arm fans would hate him too.

I think most fans are now rooting for him to fail catastrophically so the Front Office will move on from him quickly now. There is no hope with Young as the starting QB.

• Beer 2

11 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Yeah people get way too vested about their opinions of players. We have people disappearing and hiding when he looks good and boasting when he looks bad and vice versa. Everyone should want him to develop into a good QB. It’s what’s best for the franchise. However if he doesn’t we just move on from him in 2025. It is what it is. 

• Pie 3

My question is how did this team get this evaluation so wrong? Why did they think a guy who’s 5’9 190 lbs with no arm strength was worthy of the top overall pick and to trade up to get there? how did this happen? lol 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

I take issue with people who find pleasure when we don't do well. I think it's too early to call Young a bust and that INFURIATES some people. There is a certain group here that only crawl out of the woodwork to troll and poo post when things go wrong.

No one is taking pleasure in this, we are all fuging pissed.  How can anyone see people being mad about how their team screwed up the number 1 pick as them being happy is beyond me.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Rubi said:

My question is how did this team get this evaluation so wrong? Why did they think a guy who’s 5’9 190 lbs with no arm strength was worthy of the top overall pick and to trade up to get there? how did this happen? lol 

Houston would have taken him if we didn't. Stroud would not have the season he is having in Houston if he was here. Fitterer gave Bryce the worst oline and receiver group in the NFL to work with and it's not even close. How did they get the evaluation of Ickey so wrong. He looks like Byron Bell out there.

3 hours ago, Pazhoosier89 said:

Give him until the end of year 3. If he doesn't have it by then, you can move on.

He’s a timid skinny 5’7 kid, it’s so plainly obvious that it won’t work. No need to waste 3 years of our lives here. Bring in a normal sized tough QB to compete(take over).

Edited by Selltheteamtepper
  • Pie 2
  • Poo 1