• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Athletic article on GM candidates

Mr. Scot

12 hours ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

Fitterer is staying because he paid Teppers fine lol

Fitterer might stay simply because Tepper clearly dislikes people that actually know what they are doing in terms of football.  My guess is Tepper likes people that make him feel like the smartest guy in the room, no matter the room. 

Scott Fitterer no doubt will be a +1 if he stays for Tepper anytime Tepper decides they need some group think on his football team. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

FYI: Rumor from Jeremy Fowler today that Tepper may wait until the head coaching hire process is done before doing anything with the GM.

Apparently also some talk of Dan Quinn as a head coaching possibility.

There's is nothing good that will come from any of that. Tepper is too involved and should remove himself completely from all of this. Kevin Colbert come on down.

• Pie 6
  • Flames 1

19 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

FYI: Rumor from Jeremy Fowler today that Tepper may wait until the head coaching hire process is done before doing anything with the GM.

Well….like sure but also this sounds dumb. I don’t care if you hire the GM after the HC as long as they’re hired in the same cycle and have aligned visions. However…..if his idea is to hire the coach first and let them decide if they wanna work with Fitterer, that shows he hasn’t learned a thing. 

Going into a search with both jobs open and happening to hire one before the other is whatever. But having one job open and having the other guy in limbo just because you like them is so stupid. This team needs a clean slate and to hire people the right way for once. 

• Pie 3

24 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That lends itself to the belief that Tepper will hire a Coach/GM and give them full control. Which would be a great thing. Problem is that the list of coaches who have the necessary experience is limited. Belicheck?

3 minutes ago, BlackPanther22 said:

Well….like sure but also this sounds dumb. I don’t care if you hire the GM after the HC as long as they’re hired in the same cycle and have aligned visions. However…..if his idea is to hire the coach first and let them decide if they wanna work with Fitterer, that shows he hasn’t learned a thing. 

Going into a search with both jobs open and happening to hire one before the other is whatever. But having one job open and having the other guy in limbo just because you like them is so stupid. This team needs a clean slate and to hire people the right way for once. 

Yeah it appears he willingly walking into the same situation yet again.  

I swear, if that happens, I don't know how much longer I'm hanging on haha.

• Beer 3

18 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

No argument.

Brown could go back to RB Coach, though I think It'd be funny as hell if Johnson brought Staley back.

You know I’ve actually thought about that also. It would probably be a tough sell for Staley though.

GM CANDIDATES: Ian Cunningham; Ed Dodd; Andy Weidl; Joe Hortiz; Glenn Cook; Champ Kelly; Alec Halaby; Trent Kirchner; Marvin Allen; Ray Agnew

HC CANDIDATES: Ben Johnson; Dan Quinn; Mike Macdonald; Todd Monkin; Brian Johnson; Ejiro Evero; Bobby Slowik; Rich Bisaccia; Steve Wilks

Executive Candidates: Chad Brinker; Tony Pastoors; Pat Moriarty; Brandt Tilis; Catherine Raiche

11 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Lawd help us all if Dan Quinn ends up HC. Great DC but no, just no, to him being a HC again. If you are going to go defensive minded, just stick with Evero or go with Mike MacDonald of the Ravens

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, razorwolf said:

GM CANDIDATES: Ian Cunningham; Ed Dodd; Andy Weidl; Joe Hortiz; Glenn Cook; Champ Kelly; Alec Halaby; Trent Kirchner; Marvin Allen; Ray Agnew

HC CANDIDATES: Ben Johnson; Dan Quinn; Mike Macdonald; Todd Monkin; Brian Johnson; Ejiro Evero; Bobby Slowik; Rich Bisaccia; Steve Wilks

Executive Candidates: Chad Brinker; Tony Pastoors; Pat Moriarty; Brandt Tilis; Catherine Raiche

Champ Kelly is speculated as likely to end up keeping the Raiders job full time.