• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

*Rumor* Burns for Fields + picks?

A long time PSL holder who I trust told me today that he heard the team’s pro scouts have been keeping a close eye on Justin Fields recently. He theorized we could trade Burns for Fields and picks. I thought it was interesting bc Fields is a lot like Cam and we already know the Bears want Burns and we need picks. Fields has looked great recently. Tepper is close with the McCaskeys. Something to absolutely keep an eye on. How would you feel about getting back into the first and pick it up Fields? 

• Poo 5

I'd be shocked. I just can't see Tepper giving up on his super processing PG so quickly but it would be an encouraging sign.

It'd suck for Fields though. Bears to the Panthers. That's jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire. The dumpster fire that is.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Imma be honest, I did have a good laugh.. It's possibly the most Panther thing to do.. Trade up for this kid only to turn around and trade Burns to the same team we got the #1 Pick from. Idk how I feel about it tbh.  I really like Justin but we saw how morbid he looked in Chicago with no line and no weapons.

BUT, i'd wonder if they are keeping tabs incase it's the chip that tilts a HC hire.  I'd be over the moon to get back into the 1st and have some additional capital to work with granted we have a new GM running the draft.

11 minutes ago, Selltheteamtepper said:

How would you feel about getting back into the first and pick it up Fields? 

Oh, hell, why not?  Bryce and Fields in an open competition in training camp for starter?  At least it would be entertaining.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

The Bears are keeping Fields. They'll draft Harrison Jr. and an BPA or Oline/RB with their two 1st rounders. They're close. There is no QB in the Draft that will be better than Fields in 2024.

If they draft Harrison Jr. #1 overall they're dumb as hell. If they're not taking a QB they need to put that pick on the auction block.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

The Bears are keeping Fields. They'll draft Harrison Jr. and an BPA or Oline/RB with their two 1st rounders. They're close. There is no QB in the Draft that will be better than Fields in 2024.

I've said this so many times, but people keep telling me about Caleb Williams.. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If they draft Harrison Jr. #1 overall they're dumb as hell. If they're not taking a QB they need to put that pick on the auction block.

Well if they can swing another pick to make 3 in the first and still get Marvin's kid that'd be brilliant. No QB is worth a #1 pick in 2024.

• Pie 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

This is the smart thing to do, sell it to WAS then sell the #2 pick for a haul get a future first from the next sucker.  Continue to build from there.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Steelo said:

This is the smart thing to do, sell it to WAS then sell the #2 pick for a haul get a future first from the next sucker.  Continue to build from there.

Could be a possibility. They wouldn't have to fall far back, that's for sure.

• Pie 2