• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 NFL free agency: Kirk Cousins, Chris Jones and Tee Higgins headline top 50

Martin

If I were a talented WR (or TE) with more than one solid offer to change teams, then playing for the Panthers would be my last option. I’d only consider Carolina if

1 )no other team made me an offer 

2) the other offers were extremely low and below market value 

3) I had a burning desire to live in the Carolina for personal reasons

Outside of the above reasons, I can’t think of another reason for a top FA to come to Charlotte.

We are literally the worst team in the NFL record wise

We appear to have the worst owner in the NFL.

We arguably have the worst GM and front office in NFL

We have had 6 straight losing seasons and never had back to back winning seasons in almost 30 years of existence.

Our 1st round QB not shown (at least so far) that he can become even a solid starter in the league.

No first round pick in 2024.

I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed if they expect a horde of top free agents to pack their bags and head to the Carolinas this offseason.

Edited by SCO96

47 minutes ago, SOJA said:

Higgins at 16 mill a year sign me tf up. I bet he gets more than that though. 

Good luck even getting him to make a visit.

KC will offer more than that in a heartbeat. You think Higgins coming to play with small QB Bryce over Mahomes?

These FA's discussions were fun during the offseason, but lets be realistic none of the top guys are coming to this situation. The Nat'l media has already crowned Tepper as the new worst owner in the NFL. We are a joke don't expect great players to come here anytime soon.

2 hours ago, Carolina Cajun said:

He's not on the list but with the similarities in stature and mobility I would not be surprised at all this offseason to see the panthers sign Russel Wilson.  It would help giving Young a guy in the room who is similar in stature and playstyle while we tailor the offense around those kind of strengths, but that's just my hunch.

Here's what Spotrac says about our upcoming free agents:

image.png.aff91070eb8dada0cd8e0626fa77367f.png

I would take Burns, Brown and Luvu at those deals right now.  We just don't have the cap to do it.

Edited by BrianS

3 hours ago, Ghostofdelhomme said:

But the most unlikely for this front office. Post June-1 cut Moton and Jackson saves 27mil  cap space. Tag and try to trade burns or just cut. Miles cut. Chark cut.  Voila 100 mil to spend on Cousins, a wr and OL 

I cant see them cutting the only decent o lineman we have 

5 hours ago, Carolina Cajun said:

He's not on the list but with the similarities in stature and mobility I would not be surprised at all this offseason to see the panthers sign Russel Wilson.  It would help giving Young a guy in the room who is similar in stature and playstyle while we tailor the offense around those kind of strengths, but that's just my hunch.

Uhh they have very different body types, RW would be a horrible role model and Broncos owe him like over $100M so he's not getting cut and if we trade anything for him lol once again. 

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Uhh they have very different body types, RW would be a horrible role model and Broncos owe him like over $100M so he's not getting cut and if we trade anything for him lol once again. 

Russell Wilson is gone my man. That relationship is done Payton wants nothing to do with him.

Wilson will likely be in Atlanta which is his wife hometown. 

4 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

I don't expect to get a top-2 FA in any position group.

Now this man is living in reality!

We are the worst team in the NFL with the worst owner. No elite FAs are coming here unless Tepper massively overpays them.

We will most likely sign FA's in the 2nd wave after all the elite guys are off the board.

14 hours ago, DeSim said:

Well whatever values they’re putting there for players, expect it to be higher because there’s no way Josh Allen only gets 21.7 million per year. 

Just to be clear you're aware it's Josh Allen the pass rusher from Jax not the QB from Buffalo

10 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

I don't expect to get a top-2 FA in any position group.

I wouldn’t either, however I found the salary projections very interesting, especially as it comes to Burns.