• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Apparently Harbaugh Still wants the job here. But Tepper doesn’t want him

ncfan

Saw Tbone on WFNZ on this talking and tweeting about this morning.

Now he does a podcast with the UNC Charlotte HC who is a close friend and worked  with Harbaugh.

But apparently Harbaugh still would like the job here.

But Tepper doesn’t want him because he doesn’t want to relinquish the power to Jim.

Edited by ncfan

Harbaugh can't just jump ship to the NFL that easily. When the NCAA hands down sanctions against Harbaugh, it will likely be honored by the NFL as well. We certainly don't want someone with these dark clouds hanging over his head whose availability is up in the air.

https://www.maizenbrew.com/2023/10/29/23937023/report-jim-harbaugh-nfl-michigan-wolverines-football-2023-ncaa-sign-stealing-investigation-stalions

2 minutes ago, BenjaminBreeg said:

Harbaugh can't just jump ship to the NFL that easily. When the NCAA hands down sanctions against Harbaugh, it will likely be honored by the NFL as well. We certainly don't want someone with these dark clouds hanging over his head whose availability is up in the air.

https://www.maizenbrew.com/2023/10/29/23937023/report-jim-harbaugh-nfl-michigan-wolverines-football-2023-ncaa-sign-stealing-investigation-stalions

Pshhh no one likes or cares about the ncaa and their sanctions. When Jim moves on from Michigan it will be non story to everyone but the school. And even they won't care when they win the championship on Monday.

Edited by Jaxel
  • Pie 7
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

I’ve been against Harbaugh, but maybe that is the ultimate reset we would need. It would remove Tepper from any football decisions. I can see Harbaugh leaving Michigan if the win the natty, i.e. mission accomplished.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, Martin said:

I’ve been against Harbaugh, but maybe that is the ultimate reset we would need. It would remove Tepper from any football decisions. I can see Harbaugh leaving Michigan if the win the natty, i.e. mission accomplished.

Been saying this for months. Nice for you to finally see the light.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, BenjaminBreeg said:

This is BS. Pete Carroll was cheating like a mofo at USC and left for the NFL without any consequences. 

I doubt anything significant will happen to Harbaugh from the NCAA. Michigan would probably just sue the ncaa and they will fold like always. 

• Pie 8
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

Pshhh no one likes or cares about the ncaa and their sanctions. When Jim moves on from Michigan it will be non story to everyone but the school. And even they won't care when they win the championship on Monday.

Nobody cares, sure, but if for whatever reason the NFL decides to partner up with NCAA to punish Harbaugh, as they did with Jim Tressel, then we've got a real problem. Do you want to bet the reset on that uncertainty? Didn't we just essentially make the same mistake by drafting Bryce?