• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Apparently Harbaugh Still wants the job here. But Tepper doesn’t want him

ncfan

1 minute ago, BenjaminBreeg said:

Nobody cares, sure, but if for whatever reason the NFL decides to partner up with NCAA to punish Harbaugh, as they did with Jim Tressel, then we've got a real problem. Do you want to bet the reset on that uncertainty? Didn't we just essentially make the same mistake by drafting Bryce?

I mean what are they gonna do, suspend him for 3 or 4 games? Fine him? Take away a draft pick. Who cares, the long term benefit will be worth it.

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Not surprising.

Tepper wants control. If he's not the voice then he won't hire you. Same reason he didn't hire Wilks. Players had his respect Tepper didn't like that.

We will most likely hire his yes man Ben Johnson.

So what you intel on Ben J being a yes man? Outside of just making it up?

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

Just now, 4Corners said:

This is BS. Pete Carroll was cheating like a mofo at USC and left for the NFL without any consequences. 

I doubt anything significant will happen to Harbaugh from the NCAA. Michigan would probably just sue the ncaa and they will fold like always. 

Pete Carroll was the reason the NFL allegedly decided to crack down on college coaches jumping ship to escape NCAA penalties. Remember, the Tressel thing happened after Carroll. 

Just now, App Panther said:

If this is true, we have no hope. This is more depressing than I had imagined because I thought Tepper would be backing up the brinks truck for him. 

Lol. The poo people believe. Harbaugh’s got a legit shot at a national title and people really believe a talking head who wants hits/views/clicks/whatever? Of course Harbaugh is really focused instead on the Panthers job and Tepper has already responded no.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

I mean what are they gonna do, suspend him for 3 or 4 games? Fine him? Take away a draft pick. Who cares, the long term benefit will be worth it.

The suspension could be a year or more. That's what it looks like. I live in the midwest, so I've been following this saga much more closely than, say, folks in Carolina. Harbaugh is in some really serious poo. There is no doubt about that.

Edited by BenjaminBreeg

1 minute ago, Martin said:

So what you intel on Ben J being a yes man? Outside of just making it up?

Tepper only hires yes men.

Nothing against Ben personally, I just know how Tepper thinks. He sucks at this HC thing. Whoever he hires is a yes men with no voice.

1 minute ago, BenjaminBreeg said:

The suspension could be a year or more. That's what it looks like. I live in the midwest, so I've been following this saga much closer than, say, folks in Carolina.

I just dont see that happening, the nfl know Jim brings ratings, no one likes the ncaa, no one trusts them and no one cares. I doubt it will be anything grave.

Edited by Jaxel
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2

Home Alone Reaction GIF by Freeform

I can only image how thier communications went with each other lol.

The only real positive about JH here is that he would have taught Tepper a few things along the way. He was never going to be 'the answer' the fans had hoped for but if it ended up like in SF where shortly after his departure they finally figured it out that would have been the big win. Tepper is years away from being ready to run a decent team.

3 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

I just dont see that happening, the nfl know Jim brings ratings, no one like the ncaa, no one trusts them and no one cares. I doubt it will be anything grave.

Us fans don't like the NCAA. NFL doesn't care about our feelings. The NFL as an organization views its relations with the NCAA differently than you and I. Expect the NFL to honor whatever the punishment NCAA hands down. Now, if the NFL decides to water down the eventual penalty, then fine, but we had better get a precise measure before we decide to pull the trigger. 

The point is that we need a new coach now, but the NCAA investigation won't conclude before the next season starts. It's too dangerous of a gamble to be making by chasing after Harbaugh.

Edited by BenjaminBreeg

4 minutes ago, BenjaminBreeg said:

The suspension could be a year or more. That's what it looks like. I live in the midwest, so I've been following this saga much more closely than, say, folks in Carolina. Harbaugh is in some really serious poo. There is no doubt about that.

Doubt it. UM got the resources and alumni to take it to the NCAA and beat them in a court of law.