• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Coach/GM Updates

Yeah even though we're likely missing out on Johnson there are so many other good candidates and we should land one of them. 

MacDonald is probably my favorite as of now (subtracting Johnson), but I also won't be complaining at all with Callahan, Smith, Canales, Morris, or Monken. Speaking of Monken, if any of you listen to The Roar they finally released an episode yesterday and they made a very convincing case for Monken. I'd be fine with him.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, The Lobo said:

Per Rapsheet: Harbaugh plans to meet with LAC next week. 

I know its a long shot, but please Tepper, at least try. 

Harbaugh to the Chargers makes some sense. The cupboard isn't bare, but they've been an under-achieving bunch for a while. He gets back to the West Coast and SD-Southern California area too.  

Edited by UnluckyforSome
  • Pie 1

7 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

I get it, but think Tepper would pay more than the chargers 

They reckon Harbaugh is worth about $35m.

I can't imagine he's going to walk away from the pinnacle of his career, winning a National Championship for his alma mater, for pure cash. He's going to walk away for legacy - winning a Super Bowl.

No coach is winning a Super Bowl in Charlotte in the next five years. 

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

Yeah even though we're likely missing out on Johnson there are so many other good candidates and we should land one of them. 

MacDonald is probably my favorite as of now (subtracting Johnson), but I also won't be complaining at all with Callahan, Smith, Canales, Morris, or Monken. Speaking of Monken, if any of you listen to The Roar they finally released an episode yesterday and they made a very convincing case for Monken. I'd be fine with him.

Monken is only a few years younger than Reich. And he's not bringing Lamar Jackson with him. Hire one of the young coordinators and keep it pushing.

Have a feeling we're looking at:

LAC: Harbaugh

LVR: Pierce

ATL: Belichick

WAS: Ben Johnson

SEA: Quinn (or) Vrabel make a lot of sense

So then the openings that are a bit harder to guess...it's down to 2...

TEN: ?

CAR: ?

The candidates: Slowik, Canales, Macdonald, & Callahan (Titans apparently like Aaron Glenn too)

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Have a feeling we're looking at:

LAC: Harbaugh

LVR: Pierce

ATL: Belichick

WAS: Ben Johnson

SEA: Quinn (or) Vrabel make a lot of sense

So then the openings that are a bit harder to guess...it's down to 2...

TEN: ?

CAR: ?

The candidates: Slowik, Canales, Macdonald, & Callahan (Titans apparently like Aaron Glenn too)

Ain’t an overall group to be the last pick of the bunch honestly.

34 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

"Hi Jim, would you like to coach Herbert or Young..."

If he declares, I would probably keep an eye on JJ McCarthy in this situation. There would be a good shot at him being there at 33 and if Harbaugh was the Carolina coach, I find it hard believe he wouldn't think long and hard about it 

3 minutes ago, Dilla said:

If he declares, I would probably keep an eye on JJ McCarthy in this situation. There would be a good shot at him being there at 33 and if Harbaugh was the Carolina coach, I find it hard believe he wouldn't think long and hard about it 

I'd want Harbaugh fired before he'd even coached a game.