• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Coach/GM Updates

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

How crazy would it be if Morgan ended up the GM and Evero the HC? That would certainly lend a LOT of credence to the internal Hunger Games environment that has been rumored.

While I prefer new blood, if the other GM candidates are all analytics guys, I'd just keep Morgan.

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

How crazy would it be if Morgan ended up the GM and Evero the HC? That would certainly lend a LOT of credence to the internal Hunger Games environment that has been rumored.

At least we have college football to watch.  All I got if these are the hires.  Damn

Edited by Shocker

4 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

Lol@“hiring a consulting firm” to promote a guy who already works for you. I guess Dan Quinn or Evero will be named head coach next week.

I'd take a personnel scout over an analytics guy ten times out of ten.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

38 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd take a personnel scout over an analytics guy ten times out of ten.

Anyone who has played any role in talent evaluation for this franchise in the past 3 years should be unemployed right now. That includes Dan Morgan. 

• Beer 4

2 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

Anyone who has played any role in talent evaluation for this franchise in the past 3 years should be unemployed right now. That includes Dan Morgan. 

Even if that means hiring an analytics guy instead of a personnel expert?

I'm definitely not going that far.

• Pie 1

Analytics have served the Ravens well. 

I don't think anyone here knows what it is beyond the assumption that it's the root of our problems. 

(The root is actually poor scouting and decision making by a lifetime scout)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35189929/2022-nfl-analytics-survey-most-least-analytically-inclined-teams-overrated-underrated-players-more

Edited by csx
  • Pie 3
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, csx said:

Analytics have served the Ravens well. 

I don't think anyone here knows what it is beyond the assumption that it's the root of our problems. 

(The root is actually poor scouting and decision making by a lifetime scout)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35189929/2022-nfl-analytics-survey-most-least-analytically-inclined-teams-overrated-underrated-players-more

Analytics can be extremely useful. Analytics can also be used to justify whatever decision you want. Our "analytics" seem to fit far more into the latter variety.

Have to say that the absence of leaks from the organization so far is kinda refreshing. I feel like if this was last year, we’d have already seen 100 pics of Dave and Nicole interviewing the candidates along with every national and local reporter mentioning who Dave will do anything to hire.

Maybe things are changing. Slightly at least, but it’s a start. 

• Pie 2