• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers interview requests

Mr. Scot

I don't get it.

After three of the most disastrous drafts in franchise history, and free agency classes which have managed to bring in players that don't fit our system . . . we want to bring in more people who don't know how to evaluate talent?  What am I missing?

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, BrianS said:

I don't get it.

After three of the most disastrous drafts in franchise history, and free agency classes which have managed to bring in players that don't fit our system . . . we want to bring in more people who don't know how to evaluate talent?  What am I missing?

Here is the thing, people think that the GM is the end all be all with talent evaluation but people like Howie Roseman, the Executive of the year type, don’t have scouting background and are good at delegating that job. It’s about knowing how to work the league and how to find people to do the talent scouting. Basically your GM is the president of football ops. It’s why Samir got interviews a few years ago.

• Pie 5

5 minutes ago, BrianS said:

I don't get it.

Tepper. 

2 minutes ago, BrianS said:

I don't get it.

That could suggest that they are going to overhaul the scouting department?  If I were GM, I would have the scouts pitch the candidate to the head coach and me.  I get the feeling our scouts were not given the respect they should have been given.  They are the real talent evaluators--we shall see.   However, if I see the Teppers at the combine or pro days, I am going to send someone a blistering letter mind you.

7 minutes ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

Ya know, could be looking for an analytics GM because he’s looking for that Roster Control HC 

That is a thought, but I would hope they would not have zeroed in on a type yet--but who knows?

57 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

Is it normal to request interviews with Front Office personnel on teams that are still in the playoffs?  

Certainly doesn’t seem right for coaches.

GM stuff is free game no matter where the team is in the playoffs. Coaches are different 

• Pie 1

I don't think GM search matters... they are gonna ask Ben Johnson, Belichick or Harbaugh what GM they want because the coaches have the leverage here and will bring in a GM that would work well/are friends with that coach.

Panthers are probably doing their due diligence and getting feedback on the roster and where to go from here