• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers interview requests

Mr. Scot

Just now, Jon Snow said:

From what is rumored it seems Dave is listening to too many people. He's collecting data like Google and doing what with it is yet to reveal itself.  The only thing we can do is sit back and see what old mastermind comes up with. 

i guess i should have clarified...

does he have someONE advising him. someone who knows their poo.

Just now, rayzor said:

i'm just along for the ride at this point for GM and HC. 

i really have no bandwagon i'm jumping on. i've got no dog in this fight. whatever happens, happens.

Everyone should have this mindset. There isn't a damn thing any of us can do about any of this. Getting excited or upset is fruitless. It is what it is. 

• Beer 3

6 minutes ago, rayzor said:

the thing about the search firm is...who is putting in the parameters for what we're looking for at HC and GM? 

Does tepper still have in his head what he wants and sticking to his guns or does he have someone advising him on what he should be looking for?

Maybe they realized it's a hard sell so uh, just call everyone you can think of. Of course it's some ex soccer guy that just helped him hire his 3rd Charlotte FC coach lol. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

i guess i should have clarified...

does he have someONE advising him. someone who knows their poo.

If the rumors are true he's listening to "everyone". What the search firms role in this has yet to be determined.  

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

Maybe they realized it's a hard sell so uh, just call everyone you can think of. Of course it's some ex soccer guy that just helped him hire his 3rd Charlotte FC coach lol. 

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

it's all just football, right?

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

i'm just along for the ride at this point for GM and HC. 

i really have no bandwagon i'm jumping on. i've got no dog in this fight. whatever happens, happens.

haha truth.  I would typically be all excited to dive into prospective candidates.  

Now, I'm just like - no old over the hill dudes or guys that will be a fish out of water.

Any of these promising DCs, OCs, sure, whatever.  

Johnson, Canales, Slowick, MacDonald, let's see what's next in this carnival of madness.

GM wise, we'll see who the search narrows it down to.

• Pie 1

Just now, rayzor said:

i do know that whoever it is, i'm not going to get too excited or pissed off. at this point it/they (the panthers) just aren't worth it.

Whoever signs on to try to turn this team around will have more difficulty dealing with Tepper than attempting to fix this roster. And this roster is ass. Let that sink in for a minute. 

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm just in for the morbid entertainment of seeing exactly how bad David Tepper can thoroughly fug a franchise. 

Trading capital for 72 year old washed up Belichick got Tepper’s name written all over it.

15 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

To be fair, on paper the soccer head coach is a home run hire. Obviously time will tell.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Trading next year's 1st for Belichick and then Belichick just saying "fug this, I retire" would be 

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952h7wrpog8jcstgavej

Wouldn’t there be some protections if that happened? No way the NFL would allow a team to keep a first round pick traded if the asset you traded for retired. 

23 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Everyone should have this mindset. There isn't a damn thing any of us can do about any of this. Getting excited or upset is fruitless. It is what it is. 

This also applies to the NFL Draft.

• Pie 2