• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers interview requests

Mr. Scot

10 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

Do you guys think Tepper will let Ben Johnson leave the building if he wants Ben that badly? 

The best thing Tepper can do is to tell any HC candidate that money is not an issue, he will supply any resources they might need for success, such as facilities, equipment, staff etc. I think those things resonate well.

11 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

Do you guys think Tepper will let Ben Johnson leave the building if he wants Ben that badly? 

I assume your making the point that because Tepper is rich he gets what he wants. What do you want him to do throw 25mil a year at him. Is that the coach we want?

1 minute ago, Martin said:

The best thing Tepper can do is to tell any HC candidate that money is not an issue, he will supply any resources they might need for success, such as facilities, equipment, staff etc. I think those things resonate well.

Something every other team will tell him.

Someone asked earlier on about coordinator candidates in the event we go defensive guy (Macdonald, Evero, etc.) or even if it's an inexperienced coach (Slowik).

I'd be curious about Brian Griese in SF.   For one, Slowik worked with Griese before going to HOU.  

And elsewhere, for Macdonald-- John Harbaugh is a Kubiak fan, those early 2010s Ravens had some Harbaugh/Shanahan overlap when Macdonald was there (w/Kubiak & Dennison).  I'm sure there's some connections through the extensive web that is the social backdrop of the NFL.   And then Wink was there with Mike for some time, now looking elsewhere after the NYG ordeal.

All speculative but Macdonald HC, Griese OC, Martindale DC could be intriguing setup.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Bear Hands said:

Someone asked earlier on about coordinator candidates in the event we go defensive guy (Macdonald, Evero, etc.) or even if it's an inexperienced coach (Slowik).

I'd be curious about Brian Griese in SF.   For one, Slowik worked with Griese before going to HOU.  

And elsewhere, for Macdonald-- John Harbaugh is a Kubiak fan, those early 2010s Ravens had some Harbaugh/Shanahan overlap when Macdonald was there (w/Kubiak & Dennison).  I'm sure there's some connections through the extensive web that is the social backdrop of the NFL.   And then Wink was there with Mike for some time, now looking elsewhere after the NYG ordeal.

All speculative but Macdonald HC, Griese OC, Martindale DC could be intriguing setup.

No disrespect to Evero, but I wouldn't mind Martindale at all.

He's like what Dick LeBeau used to be when he was still around.

• Pie 1

Just now, Panthercougar68 said:

I’m surprised no one has brought up that fiasco in NY in the other thread with the Daboll vs Wink thing 

I discussed it somewhere.

That whole "hire guys you don't know" trend didn't last long, did it?

• Pie 2