• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Please Tepper do the right thing and go hard after Jim Harbaugh

Just now, frankw said:

And also from a Scott Fitterer apologist pretty amusing.

He was big mad yesterday.

Also I wonder if he will admit his was wrong with regards to Morgan.  he swore up and down morgan wouldnt take the gm job because they vacationed together and their wives were friends.  We pointed out how stupid that sounded and he dug in as usual.  Lets see if he admits it......

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, BrisbanePanther said:

They didn't move on from winning. They moved on because they're the 49ers and expected to be great with or without him. He's a distant memory for them btw, because they're the 49ers.

I mean, it's well documented they moved on from Jim for being Jim.   And he totally took them from disappointment to top tier of the league.  They were willing to move from his success simply because they couldn't tolerate Jim anymore. 

Next coach lasted a year and they won 5 games. 

Next coach lasted a year and they won 2 games. 

They didn't just pass the torch and keep on keeping on.   They went into the gutter post Harbaugh for a couple years.  They chose to do that because Harbaugh was unbearable to them. 

Kyle Shanahan coming along was never some given. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Also I wonder if he will admit his was wrong with regards to Morgan.  he swore up and down morgan wouldnt take the gm job because they vacationed together and their wives were friends.  We pointed out how stupid that sounded and he dug in as usual.  Lets see if he admits it......

Yeah I never bought that either. In this business friendship doesn't mean much. Money talks.

13 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Nah, but I can see why you keep trying.

The only chance you actually seem to have at winning any argument is to make up with the other person is saying 😄

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

If this QB is as good as you think why are they looking for a HC?

If the Chargers are the most talented team in the league why have they underachieved?

I mean names look good on paper, but that team isn't great as everyone thinks. Also you have to factor in that LA is a Rams town. That Chargers fanbase might be worst than ours. Their home games are basically away games. A lot to factor in if he's going to LA.

1 hour ago, Wolfcop said:

LA is cheap and they’ve had a QB, which hasn’t done anything for them. Also, most folks with common sense realize that Bryce had zero chance to succeed in the given circumstances. They realize that he is likely to do very well if protected and allowed viable NFL caliber WR weapons. 

I find it very, very odd to start listing issues with other teams as an argument as to why Carolina is more appealing. 

Carolina is probably the worst landing spot not just of available teams today, but for the past two decades. And coaches know it.

But if we were just talking about teams with HC openings this season, the Chargers, by far and away, have the most appealing opening.

Edited by onmyown

3 minutes ago, onmyown said:

the Chargers, by far and away, have the most appealing opening.

yep. 

and I would go to Washington and then Atlanta.....before I settled on Carolina.  The path for a new HC is easier at those 2.  More clear on what to do and easier. 

6 minutes ago, onmyown said:

I find it very, very odd to start listing issues with other teams as an argument as to why Carolina is more appealing. 

Carolina is probably the worst landing spot not just of available teams today, but for the past two decades. And coaches know it.

But if we were just talking about teams with HC openings this season, the Chargers, by far and away, have the most appealing opening.

Depends on what you want. 

Edited by Wolfcop
  • Pie 2

25 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Left san diego state better then he found - check

Left Stanford better then he found it - check

Left San fran better then he found it - check

Leaves Mich better then he found it - check

this false narrative about Harbaugh is just fuging lazy

I just can’t understand someone not want Harbaugh, he would easily be the best coach we’ve ever had and ppl are saying “nah, we are good, the fact that Tepper says no, I feel good about that”? 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

Good to see more people on the Harbaugh bandwagon. I remember I made this thread a few months ago and the reactions weren't positive. I guess him winning a Nat'l championship got people on board.

Oh and his brother just happens to have the best NFL team right now. Those Harbaugh's can coach their ass off!

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

yep. 

and I would go to Washington and then Atlanta.....before I settled on Carolina.  The path for a new HC is easier at those 2.  More clear on what to do and easier. 

This will come down to who offers the most money and full control.

He's not coming to the NFL without full control. Tepper is the 2nd richest owner in the league. Our chances are more realistic thank people think. It all comes down to Tepper. Can he put his ego to the side and get a proven HC.