• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are we doing?

BrianS

10 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

If I am not mistaken, haven't all of our interviews been Zoom sessions?  Not sure if that is the norm, but in my experience, Zoom interviews are screening interviews before setting up the serious interviews.

It appears they're all virtual but I don't see any way to confirm that. What I'm not sure of is who is conducting these interviews. Is it just Tepper? Dan Morgan? Mike Forde? 

It'd be interesting to learn what kinds of questions are being asked from the Panthers side. The news that Shane Steichen's virtual interview "didn't go as expected" last year makes me really wonder. 

17 minutes ago, rayzor said:

unless i'm mistaken (quite possible, fwiw) no one can have in person interviews until the 22nd. 

One quibble - currently (NFL) unemployed coaches are allowed to interview in-person. It's why Belichick, Harbaugh, et al have interviewed in person. Additionally, the Raiders have interviewed both Leslie Frazier and Kris Richard in-person as neither of the two are currently employed by NFL teams (and coincidentally, interviewing both in-person satisfies the Rooney Rule and thus they are now free to hire Antonio Pierce as their full-time HC at any point if that's the direction they're going to go). 

Edited by UNCrules2187
  • Pie 3

17 minutes ago, rayzor said:

unless i'm mistaken (quite possible, fwiw) no one can have in person interviews until the 22nd. 

Yeah, except for Belichick, Harbaugh and Carroll (and others not employed by the league).

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, Captroop said:

Are the interviews expected to be secret? I always assumed the league wants those publicized, at the very least to verify the Rooney Rule is being followed.

From what I’ve seen, some teams will voluntarily post their interviews but many just let it slip out through reporters/insiders and don’t track it for their fans.

25 minutes ago, methodtoll said:

Also, two names on that list (Canales and Slowick) has not even accepted the Panther's request to interview yet... Not sure if they are interested or just focusing on playoffs but seems kind of weird they haven't accepted yet.

As far as I know, neither of those 2 guys have scheduled interviews anywhere yet. Slowik has yet to interview with any of the 5 teams that have requested him (Panthers, Falcons, Titans, Seahawks, Commanders).

I believe the Panthers are the only ones that have requested Canales so far, but given he was coaching Monday night, it's not a surprise he hasn't interviewed yet (and given they play Sunday, I wouldn't be surprised if he actually doesn't interview this week).

edit: Slowik confirms he hasn’t taken any interviews yet 

Edited by UNCrules2187

26 minutes ago, methodtoll said:

Also, two names on that list (Canales and Slowick) has not even accepted the Panther's request to interview yet... Not sure if they are interested or just focusing on playoffs but seems kind of weird they haven't accepted yet.

They should immediately go to the top of everyone’s list because this shows they are smart

• Pie 2