• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interviews: Round Two

Mr. Scot

One thing that seems true on the coaching front: doesn't appear we're pursuing Slowik anymore. Also no word on Dan Quinn and others.

It was reported that we never interviewed Brian Johnson and don't plan to.

(no complaints about that)

22 minutes ago, Tbe said:

It sounds like Canales is going to be the guy.

Canales is probably a better candidate than a lot of people realize. I wasn't familiar with him before this season but he's got a solid resume and has worked wonders for Baker Mayfield. He also was Geno Smith's QB coach in Seattle when he revitalized his career so he certainly seems to know how to get the most out of his QBs, even if they've struggled prior to working with him.

And let's not forget how Russell Wilson fell off a cliff as soon as he left Seattle. Did no longer having Canales as his QB coach play a role in that? Hard to say, but it's at least a possibility.

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Canales is probably a better candidate than a lot of people realize. I wasn't familiar with him before this season but he's got a solid resume and has worked wonders for Baker Mayfield. He also was Geno Smith's QB coach in Seattle when he revitalized his career so he certainly seems to know how to get the most out of his QBs, even if they've struggled prior to working with him.

And let's not forget how Russell Wilson fell off a cliff as soon as he left Seattle. Did no longer having Canales as his QB coach play a role in that? Hard to say, but it's at least a possibility.

how did geno and the seattle offense do after canales left seattle? wasn't so good, either. 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, NYPantherFan said:

I don't know if it will be Canales. I feel like Tepper would turn down a good candidate if it means giving a division rival draft picks.

I have a feeling it will be Evero.

Canales has been there just one year. Same with Evero - no draft picks in consideration. 

• Pie 3

16 minutes ago, NYPantherFan said:

I don't know if it will be Canales. I feel like Tepper would turn down a good candidate if it means giving a division rival draft picks.

I have a feeling it will be Evero.

Following a similar theme i feel like it won't be Evero. I think they keep him as DC an extra year and get a comp pick for him when someone inevitably makes him a HC down the line.

Edited by Billy Goat