• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Bills got cute and didn’t get CMC, now that team needs to be blown up

TheBigKat

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm not advocating for "blowing it up" but trust and believe if you were a Bills fan right now you're seriously questioning whether McD can get you over the hump. Remember when most Panthers fans wanted Shula poo canned after we went 15-1, made a run to the SB, and Cam won the MVP? Most other NFL fans almost certainly thought we were crazy and that Shula was gonna be a HC somewhere the following season. Well, the majority of Panthers fans were absolutely right. Shula was trash.

I only spot watched the game, but the parts I did see was wounds self-inflicted by the Bills players.  Twice on the final drive Allen tried to go for the jugular when he had open throws underneath.  The 3rd down before the missed FG, Diggs(?) was wide open on a crosser.  They had timeouts, they had time, so no need to try for kill shots if not wide open.  Neither of them were.

Again, coaches coach, players play. Was it Fox's fault Kasay kicked the ball out of bounds in the Patriots SB?  Was it Rivera's fault Cam didn't jump on the fumble in the Broncos SB?  Coaches put players in the position to win.  When players miss FGs, drop passes, opt for low percentage passes, that is on them.  The coaching staff for the Bills did not lose the game.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Nope just hire a top offensive guy as a HC. They do have that option. Changing out the HC isn't blowing it up, it's their missing piece.

I'm going to have to disagree. That is much easier said than done.  It's like saying play the lottery and become a millionaire.  Sure it could happen, but how realistic is that?  So a blanket statement of hire a offensive HC and that will give the Bills a SB is overly simplistic. 

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I'm going to have to disagree. That is much easier said than done.  It's like saying play the lottery and become a millionaire.  Sure it could happen, but how realistic is that?  So a blanket statement of hire a offensive HC and that will give the Bills a SB is overly simplistic. 

Lol Gruden did it in year 1. Facts. He walked into the house that Dungey built with a great DC and won a SB. All they need is different coaching.

And it would be best for McD too. Reid needed to be fired to go from a contending HC to a SB winning HC.

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 1

Just now, Waldo said:

Lol Gruden did it in year 1. Facts. He ealked into the house that Dungey built with a great DC and won a SB.

Yes, but also beat the team he just coached for and knew them inside and out. He was literally yelling out to the defense where the ball was going when the Raiders lined up. 

I'm not saying your wrong, I'm just saying it's not a magic bullet either.  I'm saying it's highly improbable, not impossible.  I'm saying they have as good, if not better, chance of winning a SB with their current staff and the players just execute better rather than making coaching changes.

14 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I only spot watched the game, but the parts I did see was wounds self-inflicted by the Bills players.  Twice on the final drive Allen tried to go for the jugular when he had open throws underneath.  The 3rd down before the missed FG, Diggs(?) was wide open on a crosser.  They had timeouts, they had time, so no need to try for kill shots if not wide open.  Neither of them were.

Again, coaches coach, players play. Was it Fox's fault Kasay kicked the ball out of bounds in the Patriots SB?  Was it Rivera's fault Cam didn't jump on the fumble in the Broncos SB?  Coaches put players in the position to win.  When players miss FGs, drop passes, opt for low percentage passes, that is on them.  The coaching staff for the Bills did not lose the game.

They certainly didn't win it either. McD is a defensive coach and for a good chunk of the game his D was getting straight up boat raced. A super lucky fumble through the endzone and the worst rule in sports rearing it's ugly head is honestly the only reason the Bills had a shot late.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

Yes, but also beat the team he just coached for and knew them inside and out. He was literally yelling out to the defense where the ball was going when the Raiders lined up. 

I'm not saying your wrong, I'm just saying it's not a magic bullet either.  I'm saying it's highly improbable, not impossible.  I'm saying they have as good, if not better, chance of winning a SB with their current staff and the players just execute better rather than making coaching changes.

There are no guarantees it works but I would bet on it working if they hired a good offensive minded HC vs not working. Maybe not long term but a SB in the first 2 years with Allen.

McD isn't winning agaisnt Reid in Buffalo so he isn't winning a SB there unless Reid drops dead. If they want to win a SB, and wow they are close and well built, the weakest link is their HC's current ceiling. They keep trying the same way and failing the same way. Great job to get that far but it's obviously their limit under him.

Just shows what 2015 Cam Newton did with limited wide receivers is one of the most impressive performance in history.   Josh Allen is like Cam in that a lot depends on him, but he has Stefon Diggs who couldn't make a big catch when it mattered.

That said, I think the Bills do need a reset.  History shows if you haven't made progress towards the SB in 5 years, it's time to either change GM, Head Coach, QB or both. 

For all the credit that Brandon Beane got early on, I feel like he's failed to evolve the roster around Josh Allen, they've regressed both defensively and offensively.  Essentially, once the Panthers pipeline dried up, he seemed to be out of ideas on how to recruit free agents and drafting has been subpar.

I think McDermott is still a good coach and should not pay for the lack of roster options to make his team more competitive in the Chiefs invitational.

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Well, they are Panthers North so I guess the obvious thing to do is nothing and then later look back and belly ache over the moves that could've been made to get us over the hump when we had a window. Getting Josh Allen beat to hell and damaged derailing his career would be the chef's kiss.

• Flames 1

This is the weakest Chiefs the Bills will ever face and they couldn’t get it done at home

Diggs at 19 million needs to go so does Von Miller

definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and expecting a different result. They’re this decades version of the Philip Rivers Chargers, good but not good enough.

anyone on here that would be ‘happy to be the Bills’ has a loser mentality, nobody is playing for participation trophies, a team that close needs to do whatever it takes to win it all

Honestly? Fug the Bills. It's good for us they are failing. Tired of hearing about former Panthers this former Panthers that like we missed out on guys who could have made us a dynasty or something. At best Beane and McDermott have replicated the mid 2010's Panthers and they can't get over the hump. Good!