• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Regarding the Morgan hire...

9 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

He's every bit as qualified as anyone you can name. There is no reason to hate on this hire.  

Really? What was his best move in the past 3 years in the Panthers GM room? If he wasn’t a Yes man, was he fine with trading DJ and did he think we shouldn’t trade Burns? If he voiced his displeasure with the Young hire, why did Tepper hire him and why wasn’t he able to change minds? If we assume he’s clearly not going to swallow his voice then does it stand to reason that Morgan was part of the consensus picking Young?

I asked questions like these when people wanted to give Fitterer a chance because even though we sucked balls, it was Rhule’s fault and I got no answers. I still never got an answer on what was Fitterer’s best value move and why we should keep him. I was clearly right on wanting Fitterer gone last year so what did Morgan do well here?

51 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'll be here to take out the trash when it happens.

If you can't see the difference in these two situations that's on you. Pointing out a player's lack of ability has never been off limits here. But mocking a player for injuries sustained on the field is just being a straight up trashy person and I got the garbage truck warmed up.

Meanwhile, feel free to go find where I've called Bryce Young or any other player a midget.

katt-williams-dont-worry.gif

Take that trash out man. Hell you banned my old screen name when I told you in private message that you sucked as a moderator after suspending me for a day or two. Treat these goofs no different and take the trash out. I needed a new screen name anyhow. Didn't like my old one in the first place.

Edited by Ricky Prickles

If Dan were just coming here from Buffalo we would be ecstatic. His record was solid. Who knows what went on in personnel matters or who made decisions? And honestly if the message in all this is that it needs to be different then the issues shouldn't be dragging up the past and complaining but discussing what needs to change and see how we attack it. There will be plenty of time to criticize if the results stay the same. I prefer to think of Dan as adaptable and able to change and learn at 45 to help turn things around. Like being a middle linebacker and watching film to get a strategy to execute on Sunday.

• Pie 2

31 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Take that trash out man. Hell you banned my old screen name when I told you in private message that you sucked as a moderator after suspending me for a day or two. Treat these goofs no different and take the trash out. I needed a new screen name anyhow. Didn't like my old one in the first place.

I can't ever remember banning someone for a PM. You must have been a real prick about it. LOL!

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'll be here to take out the trash when it happens.

If you can't see the difference in these two situations that's on you. Pointing out a player's lack of ability has never been off limits here. But mocking a player for injuries sustained on the field is just being a straight up trashy person and I got the garbage truck warmed up.

Meanwhile, feel free to go find where I've called Bryce Young or any other player a midget.

katt-williams-dont-worry.gif

That is the most double standard bs poo I come to expect from your ass.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, frankw said:

Isn't John Lynch the only applicable comparison anyway?

After Bryce Young maybe we should take it easy drawing parallels to justify team decisions for awhile. Just saying.

Maybe, but I was firmly seated on the "Bryce ain't it" train with only a few others while the rest of this forum thought he was clearly the best QB in the draft... so I feel pretty good about my assessments.  

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

That is the most double standard bs poo I come to expect from your ass.

Yeah, criticizing a player's performance on the field and his physical ability to perform on the field is not the same thing as mocking a former player for serious injuries incurred on the field. This isn't difficult to comprehend.

17 minutes ago, Brent Gregory said:

Hiring someone from within the worst front office in the NFL sounds like an awesome idea.  

I have no argument against that. I honestly think the outside interest may have proven very soft.

Just to be clear, criticism of the hire, criticisms of moves made or not made by Morgan are 100% fair game, as always. The only thing we want to nip in the bud here very specifically is mocking his history of concussions on the field incurred for our entertainment. I'm pretty disappointed that some folks have such an issue with what seems to me to be a very fair request for common decency.