• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Morgan Had Me Believing

chknwing

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

We are screwed until next year. We don't have anything much more than Brown really. I'm already hoping for another one and done and they haven't even hired the HC yet.

I think it's safe to say that no matter who the coach ends up being this team will have a similar record next season.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

40 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

it obviously starts with bryce and I am not optomistic but for us to have any success within 2 years bryce needs to figure this poo quickly.

It's either figure it out or his replacement will be drafted in 2025. It's a win win either way. We are going to suck no matter what. Even if he figures it out he still doesn't have any help on that side of the ball. Until that is corrected it doesn't matter who the qb is.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

Everything in the NFL can be turned around in 2 years and playoffs in 3. You need good people to get there and ownership that doesn't fug everything up along the way. Free agency and the draft allow any team to restock talent..if they can find it and coach it.

If the qb stinks and you spent a ton of capital on him and insist on giving him 3 full years then that turnaround is a pipe dream

16 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If the qb stinks and you spent a ton of capital on him and insist on giving him 3 full years then that turnaround is a pipe dream

He has to make it through year 2 first. He isn't nearly the biggest problem in the building either. Tepper looks fine with the culture he built and it's just the results he doesn't like.

2 hours ago, Waldo said:

Lol I never said this team has any of the prerequisites to make that happen. It's just 2 years away if they ever do .

I think the lack of 1st overall in 2024 means we can’t start that turnaround until 2025.

1 minute ago, WhoKnows said:

I think the lack of 1st overall in 2024 means we can’t start that turnaround until 2025.

Or the fact the Owner and now GM are still issues too. 2024 is likely dead. It would start in 25 if this crew gets the boot next.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Yeah the best outcome for us is for Young to prove capable of playing in this league. But he alone will not overcome the lack of talent on this team. Tom Brady in his prime could not get this team to .500. It going to take several good drafts and wise FA signings just to compete for the nfcs let alone the nfc title. 

Actually, I think the best outcome is that Young is the same next year and leads us to the top pick again and we realize he’s not the answer. I think that that is the best chance of a turnaround.

I’ll be honest that I don’t think Young will ever have it. He could improve with better weapons but I think that would just be another slow bleed like Teddy was. I hated signing Teddy because I knew he’d be OK enough to mess up the rebuild and that he didn’t have the ceiling to make us a contender. That kills the chance of winning a SB because you get what we’ve had the past 5 years where the coach/GM think we are close and keep wasting resources when we never really had a chance.

I think that it's possible to at least be competitive next season, but the new FO has to be great, or lucky. When I see players like Rasul Douglas, Eli Apple, D'onta Foreman, Haason Reddick and others playing strong roles for other teams, some of them in the playoffs, I believe that you just have to be able to identify players that can help you achieve an end and also be smarter---mire strategic about keeping them. 

Of course the main turnaround has to be achieved by actually drafting players that are worth a damn. As far as that's concerned, Morgan is one big question mark (amid a scouting department that is seemingly more questionable). Who knows, maybe someone in the scouting department told Fitt to choose Amon Ra instead of TMJ and he overruled them. We don't know, but we do know that the buck stops with Morgan now. 

We've gotten ourselves into a situation now where we don't have enough draft picks to make the maximum amount of impact, so I won't be shocked if we were to trade some assets in order to acquire some picks. If you draft right, draft picks can make an immediate impact. 

All that being said, it's just theory, and like I said: we'd have to be great or lucky. 

3 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Wow people are really shitting on him for not shitting on his players in his presser? Has anyone in the history of ever given an introductory presser saying “yes this roster fuging sucks. I’m going to nuke it into oblivion. That highly drafted LT that struggled in his second year? Yea fug that guy. He’s cut. Next question.”

That wasn't even his introductory presser, it was one he did during preseason of last year. 

4 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Wow people are really shitting on him for not shitting on his players in his presser? Has anyone in the history of ever given an introductory presser saying “yes this roster fuging sucks. I’m going to nuke it into oblivion. That highly drafted LT that struggled in his second year? Yea fug that guy. He’s cut. Next question.”

He helped build that roster. That’s why people are complaining. 

• Pie 1