• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Quite a dilemma the team is in....

Jmac

No HC candidate with any hope of quick success would take this job, maybe not even long term success. Worst job out of all the ones available.

All these interviews are just playing teams against one another. Unless any candidate is just in for Teppers $. Who would want that "guy" as HC anyway? Canales and Morgan are the best we can hope for (I hope Morgan will work out). Canales is a total unknown quantity. Roll of the dice.

This team is a fuggin mess from top to bottom. A bunch of JAG's (except for a handful of player's). Some are barely practice squad material. They have a QB who has not shown much SO FAR and no first round pick. Add a meddling owner into the mix.

If you where in any qualified candidates shoes would you take this job above all the others?

Be honest...would you?

Edited by Jmac
  • Beer 2

There is no greater glory than being the coach to turn a franchise around. People with confidence pursue challenges against their abilities. Yes, plenty of people would want that opportunity. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

first efforts to climb out of a hole are the most unglamorous ones.

Climbing out of poo ain't pretty. I'd imagine that it's easy to slip back in. We need someone that has solid footing. We'll see if Morgan is that guy.

• Pie 1

3-13 in 2021. Sitting at 14-5 rn and playing in the NFCCG in a few days. 

Dan Campbell Celebration GIF by Detroit Lions

It might be undesirable, but there's nothing more glorious in football than turning a poo franchise around and winning the big one. The right guy can do it. Maybe a Lotta copium/hopium, but it's the only thing keeping me interested atm.

Edited by Kuhndog94
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Some guys want the challenge of turning a franchise around.  

Brother this team is incredibly more than just a challenge. This team needs an exorcism and an enima to even begin the challenge. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Ship said:

There is no greater glory than being the coach to turn a franchise around. People with confidence pursue challenges against their abilities. Yes, plenty of people would want that opportunity. 

Sure if the owner gave them the keys and said "let me get out of the way and have at it"................but who in the world thinks you can turn a franchise around when the owner says " have at it but I will hold the keys and let you know if I think you are doing it wrong".

Any ambitious persons would size up Tepper right quick and figure if you are going to do any ship steering you can't do that after jumping into career quicksand. 

Nothing happens here until Tepper either sells the franchise ..........or has a come to Jesus moment in a synagogue .......

........hehe good luck with either of those.

Face it......the Panthers are now officially NFL purgatory until further notice......... 

9 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Money talks. If Irsay and McNair were able to land solid candidates, Tepper should be able too as well. 

we're learning that there's some situations that you can't pay enough to make people want to come in.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Brother this team is incredibly more than just a challenge. This team needs an exorcism and an enima to even begin the challenge. 

Snow, an enima ain't coming. Does that mean we'll continue to be fulla poo? 😆