• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vrabel interviewing with carolina Thursday

jamos14

right that man an absurd check when he walks in the door and tell him he can hire anyone he wants!!!

I would wager that interview has odds of going poorly given what Tepper likes.  Vrabal is the polar opposite of anything Tepper has been around.  An "a hole" some would say. 

Little surprised they even got him to come in.  

• Pie 5
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

Just now, CRA said:

right that man an absurd check when he walks in the door and tell him he can hire anyone he wants!!!

I would wager that interview has odds of going poorly given what Tepper likes.  Vrabal is the polar opposite of anything Tepper has been around.  An "a hole" some would say. 

As much as everybody says it, Tepper is not an idiot.

He wants to win.   Tepper has to have made some self realizations to even interview Vrabel.

And from the way Person is saying it, Morgan is the liaison to the owner now so it won't be like it was  (we will see).

• Pie 6

How early in the conversation do you think he's gonna ask if he'd be tied to Bryce Young? I mean, Vrabel is coming from a situation where he basically had a roster ready to compete for a championship minus a QB and ultimately got fired because he couldn't overcome that. Now the Titans go with an offensive minded guy to try to give Will Levis the best chance to develop.

• Flames 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

How early in the conversation do you think he's gonna ask if he'd be tied to Bryce Young? I mean, Vrabel is coming from a situation where he basically had a roster ready to compete for a championship minus a QB and ultimately got fired because he couldn't overcome that. Now the Titans go with an offensive minded guy to try to give Will Levis the best chance to develop.

Very early.  Clearly they need a coach who has a plan together to develop a QB  (Bryce or anybody).

Offensive scheme is probably the biggest unknown with Vrabel because he won't have Henry to lean on.

• Beer 1

And if guys like Vrabel are interviewing here, I think everybody can still expect Ben Johnson or Slowik or whomever to interview if we request it.

The situation doesn't look great but I think inside NFL circles, it's still a hot commodity (because it's an NFL head coach opportunity)

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, jamos14 said:

As much as everybody says it, Tepper is not an idiot.

He wants to win.   Tepper has to have made some self realizations to even interview Vrabel.

And from the way Person is saying it, Morgan is the liaison to the owner now so it won't be like it was  (we will see).

For all I know this is a token Sportsology interview.  Proof is in the pudding and Tepper to date has shown no indication of being a net positive owner.  He is still front and center and it certainly looks like he enjoys stacking all decisions in his favor.  I would glad to be wrong. 

Vrabel IMO is the best hire out there.  

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

Very early.  Clearly they need a coach who has a plan together to develop a QB  (Bryce or anybody).

Offensive scheme is probably the biggest unknown with Vrabel because he won't have Henry to lean on.

Yeah, I honestly fully expect us to go with an offensive minded head coach. Give Bryce his best chance this year and if it doesn't work out have an offensive mind in place to weigh in on the position and what we should do. Keep going all in on Bryce or move on? You have to get QB right. If we had a proven QB in place and were largely being held back by a floundering D I could absolutely see going with a defensive HC but we have the opposite situation.