• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 Wide Receivers

Shocker

On 2/13/2024 at 3:47 PM, ForJimmy said:

To me Ladd is a slot like AT and Mingo.  We really need a legit outside WR or two.  There is a lot to like about Ladd's game though. 

I wouldn't let Thielen play into our draft plans. He'll turn 34 years old this year. He was always signed to be a short-term bandaid. Don't let bandaids impact draft plans.

6 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

I really enjoyed watching him in college, was one of my fave WRs during the season. He’s got the true game breaking style we desperately need.

Adonai Mitchell is the savier route runner but less of the home run hitter.

Those are the two I like at 33.

McMillan and a few others a bit later in a double dip would be awesome with an OL in between would be my ideal scenario.

yes dude 

The ones that stand out to me are below--these dudes don't seem to require much acclimation, have good to excellent route running skills and should translate quickly:

Troy Franklin - Been a stan, will remain a stan.  He's what the offense has been missing.

Adonai Mitchell - Excellent route runner and sure-handed.  And at 6'4, he's not some project bigger type, he's a legit potential X receiver that can even take on slot roles at times.

Jalen McMillan - Route running technician, sure-handed, and has great burst.  I felt that he popped over Polk alongside Odunze in WAS.  A very good combo of fluid and agile.  He just has a presence and burst that you love to see.

Jamari Thrash - Fast off the line, gets separation very quickly.  Reliable, good downfield tracking, can be used all over.  Could be an ideal asset with very little acclimation.

Malachi Corley - Him and Thrash will gain more and more traction as we approach the draft.  YAC machine, seemed to REALLY impress scouts at the senior bowl.  Fun dude to watch on highlights.  Really has a knack for getting upfield, RB mentality when he has the ball.  Super dynamic.  

Let's get some of these dudes.

• Pie 6

15 hours ago, SOJA said:

yes dude 

Another way to attack it is landing BPA at 33, so maybe a OL and then go 2 WR in 3-4 like McMillan and then a Corley/Trash type.  

We can go BPA at every pick but the non-existent playmaking is a big enough need requiring prioritization.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 2/17/2024 at 7:29 PM, Bear Hands said:

The ones that stand out to me are below--these dudes don't seem to require much acclimation, have good to excellent route running skills and should translate quickly:

Troy Franklin - Been a stan, will remain a stan.  He's what the offense has been missing.

Adonai Mitchell - Excellent route runner and sure-handed.  And at 6'4, he's not some project bigger type, he's a legit potential X receiver that can even take on slot roles at times.

Jalen McMillan - Route running technician, sure-handed, and has great burst.  I felt that he popped over Polk alongside Odunze in WAS.  A very good combo of fluid and agile.  He just has a presence and burst that you love to see.

Jamari Thrash - Fast off the line, gets separation very quickly.  Reliable, good downfield tracking, can be used all over.  Could be an ideal asset with very little acclimation.

Malachi Corley - Him and Thrash will gain more and more traction as we approach the draft.  YAC machine, seemed to REALLY impress scouts at the senior bowl.  Fun dude to watch on highlights.  Really has a knack for getting upfield, RB mentality when he has the ball.  Super dynamic.  

Let's get some of these dudes.

Add in 2 more

Roman Wilson- athlete turned receiver. He is smaller though. Now can really run routes and improved his coordination and not a drop machine. Creates separation multiple ways. 

Benden Rice. Think he is seriously being slept on. He may be the guy that wows at the combine at his size/speed combo. He's had drops and route issues at USC.  Not the best cuts in routes. Can get vertical and burn with the best in the class. Can get physical at the line too. Bit odd but not a RAC/YAC monster. 

On 2/19/2024 at 8:04 PM, chbright said:

Add in 2 more

Roman Wilson- athlete turned receiver. He is smaller though. Now can really run routes and improved his coordination and not a drop machine. Creates separation multiple ways. 

Benden Rice. Think he is seriously being slept on. He may be the guy that wows at the combine at his size/speed combo. He's had drops and route issues at USC.  Not the best cuts in routes. Can get vertical and burn with the best in the class. Can get physical at the line too. Bit odd but not a RAC/YAC monster. 

Wilson gives me pause for some reason, think it’s what the Michigan offense asks of their guys so it’s hard to really see everything. Nice picks though.

Mentioned elsewhere but Jha’Quan Jackson and Javon Baker are two of my deeper favoritrs. Those two just play tough. Have a real consistent burst to their game and were the elevators of their offenses.

15 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

Wilson gives me pause for some reason, think it’s what the Michigan offense asks of their guys so it’s hard to really see everything. Nice picks though.

Mentioned elsewhere but Jha’Quan Jackson and Javon Baker are two of my deeper favorites. Those two just play tough. Have a real consistent burst to their game and were the elevators of their offenses.

Baker has a couple season working with Bryce at Alabama before moving over to UCF.  I don't know that I see traits that jump out as how he'll win at the next level though outside of just winning at the catch point if he knocks down the drops.  That said I'd take a chance on him on Day 3, maybe as a power slot type if Mingo is still viewed as a developmental X.

On 2/20/2024 at 10:04 AM, chbright said:

Add in 2 more

I'm very interested in Roman Wilson,Bryce needs separation help.

Wow, the WRs in this draft are nuts.  Watching all of them…one thing I will say is Legette from South Carolina (being a one year wonder) is interesting because damn that dude is big, powerful and has amazing burst.  Reminds me of DK Metcalf a little.  Talent is there

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Wow, the WRs in this draft are nuts.  Watching all of them…one thing I will say is Legette from South Carolina (being a one year wonder) is interesting because damn that dude is big, powerful and has amazing burst.  Reminds me of DK Metcalf a little.  Talent is there

This scares me.  I'm a production type of guy.  Show me top-end consistency or improvement over time.  A blip on the radar, appearing out of nowhere, is concerning to me.

Posted (edited)

My impressions….ranks from what I have seen…deep diving so far 

1.  Malik Nabers (he is incredibly explosive but has unbelievable hands and IQ)

2.  Harrison (absolutely great but not Nabers level)

3.  Odunze (crazy feel for the game and great ball tracking and good size)

4.  Troy Franklin - shades of Randy Moss.  Guy has electric speed.  

These rankings may change but mind blowing class of wideouts so far 

Edited by Shocker

Posted (edited)

The Ladd McConkey thing is weird.  Not much production and doesn’t have size and doesn’t have literally anything that puts him in the first 4 rounds,  not seeing it.

I hope he runs 4.3 and goes before us…would help…but he won’t 

Edited by Shocker
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

My impressions….ranks from what I have seen…deep diving so far 

1.  Malik Nabers (he is incredibly explosive but has unbelievable hands and IQ)

2.  Harrison (absolutely great but not Nabers level)

3.  Odunze (crazy feel for the game and great ball tracking and good size)

4.  Troy Franklin - shades of Randy Moss.  Guy has electric speed.  

These rankings may change but mind blowing class of wideouts so far 

Being more of a west coast college sports watcher, Franklin passed the eye test for me during the last 2 seasons.  I've been a vocal fan. 

He's one of the receivers that lifted the team in games.  Wasn't reliant on the guys around him.  

• Pie 1