• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Horns 5th year option

ncfan

Nope.  No thank you.  I ain't investing money into someone that makes Jeff Otah seem reliable.  That's just a reality.  Jaycee Horn is only a dawg in Pantherland.   No one else talks about him for good reason.  He doesn't play.  3 years in and he frankly has yet to even show his stuff vs a legit good QB/WR tandem because he never is on the field for it. 

I'm focused on Brown and Luvu if I am the Panthers.  Building up a functional offense. 

• Pie 5

4 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Hard call to make. Let him play and pay a big contract or sit injured and pay a lesser. Not a call I'd like to make. Feels like the wrong one no matter which you choose. 

I think you bite the bullet and option the 5th year instead of potentially creating another huge hole to fill.  Do it and pray.  Say he balls out next year and plays 14ish games, then we are pretty screwed.  Its not that much money to play on the option

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

I think you bite the bullet and option the 5th year instead of potentially creating another huge hole to fill.  Do it and pray.  Say he balls out next year and plays 14ish games, then we are pretty screwed.  Its not that much money to play on the option

creating a huge hole?  we would largely just be dealing w/ the same hole that has existed most of his 3 seasons.  

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

I didn't realize it was so low, only $11M makes it more of a decision. Was thinking no chance we'd pick it up but that was assuming it would be like $20M+ cap hit. I think we will and should pick it up honestly. We could trade him in a year too.

• Pie 1